• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mpa Curtis axiom prefit question

Mrbigballs85

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2020
Spotsylvania va
Looking to see if anyone that has or had a pmr pro from Masterpiece Arms with the mpa version of the Curtis axiom has used a prefit barrel for the Curtis axiom. It’ll be time for a new 6gt barrel in a few months and was looking to order instead of sending action off. I don’t know if there are any reputable smiths within close proximity to me. Fredericksburg va. Thanks-Justin

Sorry to hear, hope it heals fast. As for prefits, only bought one and haven't used yet. For one of my Axioms, from Ryan at Hunts Long Range. Great guy. I've heard of Keystone? Accuracy, or similar, in Pennsylvania perhaps, that offers pretty affordable axiom prefits. But no personal experience, nor do I know anyone that has ordered from him. My preference is a quality local gunsmith most all the time. Unless that's not available. Less headache, less surprises that way. Drew at War Rifles is a top shelf dude in every way.

Dan
NC

Reactions: Mrbigballs85
I’m sure you know this but all Axioms can’t take prefits according to MPA only those after a certain serial number.
It is there on the MPA site, SN# must start with AO which mine does. I used PVA for a prefit.

Reactions: MLS2GO
It is there on the MPA site, SN# must start with AO which mine does. I used PVA for a prefit.
Sorry, this is probably a stupid question but my serial number is : MPA1****. It’s a PMR pro with the mpa/Curtis action. Would the prefits work with my serial number or no?

Sorry, this is probably a stupid question but my serial number is : MPA1****. It’s a PMR pro with the mpa/Curtis action. Would the prefits work with my serial number or no?
Did you ever get an answer to your question from MPA? I have a similar situation, I just asked and they said if I could do pre-fit with my MPA1****. Their response, "yeah, we can make a barrel for you". Not the question I asked. :(

Maybe Curtis can provide an answer. My other thought would be "is MPA doing something proprietary" ?

There is a certain serial number with Curtis Axiom and later that can do prefits,at least that is what MPA told me. Mine was before that so I have to get barrels done the old fashioned way. Give MPA your serial number they should be able to help.

The MPA website says: "For all Curtis Axiom Actions with a Serial # starting with AO… This will also apply to the MPA-Curtis action used on our PMR Builds."

Reactions: MLS2GO
Looking to see if anyone that has or had a pmr pro from Masterpiece Arms with the mpa version of the Curtis axiom has used a prefit barrel for the Curtis axiom. It’ll be time for a new 6gt barrel in a few months and was looking to order instead of sending action off. I don’t know if there are any reputable smiths within close proximity to me. Fredericksburg va. Thanks-Justin
Why wouldn’t you just have MPA build it for you?

There is a certain serial number with Curtis Axiom and later that can do prefits,at least that is what MPA told me. Mine was before that so I have to get barrels done the old fashioned way. Give MPA your serial number they should be able to help.
Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 8.49.12 AM.png

I have one of the first 300 produced and the shouldered pre-fit that everyone makes do not fit my action. Most later axioms have .680 tennon length, mine is .740

Reactions: TEUFEL820