• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events MPA-GA 4 Feb 2023

I thought about shooting it but cool acres is very likely to be cold acres at that one. I plan on shooting the 2 say in march but even that one can be sketchy temp wise. Dont worry about looking stoopid. There will be plenty of folks there that will help you fit right in. Just looking at my work schedule i may very well shoot it. Freezing be damned. Shoot me a pm as it gets closer and i will let you know for sure if i am or not

Reactions: greentick
Squadding should come out here in the next few days. Good times to be had by all for certain. Will be at the best western friday and also at range friday probably round 11:00-noonish

You will be fine buddy. Sit back on squadding a bit when it comes out i will pm you and get squadded together if you want to. Always lime to have new shooters to help

You two newbies dont fret none. When squadding comes out i will pm yall and squad with us if ya want. Will be fun and maybe learn some stuffy

Reactions: Pstau13
You two newbies dont fret none. When squadding comes out i will pm yall and squad with us if ya want. Will be fun and maybe learn some stuffy
Thanks!

And how does squadding work? Will they send out an email out with a signup sheet?

You should get an email this week from practiscore for squadding. Will be a link so you can join a squad or move from one to another

Cool Acres is allowing competitors to practice on the barricades the Friday before the match - believe 10am to 3pm - for $25 cash. Or, you can just confirm zero for free on Friday. Match books will be available Friday afternoon (assume after 3pm practice session). Good opportunity to get an overview of the Cool Acres "props". See y'all there

I’ll be rolling into town at 9 PM Friday with an uncalibrated kestrel and what’s left of my hope after this work week.

And looks like we may be playing in the mud. Rain all week, 34 low 49 high, 8-13 mph winds with 20+ mph gusts forecasted.

Yeah that wx is my fault. I assured @Northfl that any shooting event i attend is typically unseasonably warm.

I'll be coming in that morning from the SE corner of GA. You can sleep when you're dead, right?

The weather conditions will be same for everyone - good training. Last February's match it was 19 degrees which is damn cold for middle GA. Guys on your squad will help you sort out the Kestrel. It is a good group and good facility - focus on learning and enjoy yourself. Have reasonable expectations for your first matches.

I work in a fluorescent box. Anything shooting related is better lol. Not sweating the weather and ready to have a good time!

Great time today! Took me the first 5 stages to get into any sort of groove and got beat by 10x as many people as I beat lol. Great to meet @snprtom8541 and @Northfl in person.

Very worthwhile. For me, I can only read about stuff so much before I just got to do it to really identify what I need to work on (pretty much everything but pressing the trigger and I managed to F that too). Great atmosphere. Nice facility. Lots of techniques to observe, and lots of great folks free with their experience.

If you are thinking of doing a match, but worried about your lack of experience, just do it. You won't regret it.

Great meeting you as well. You were in a hreat squad filled with very good shooters. As you could probably tell since tommy won it. Volusia feb 25th!!

Great meeting you as well. You were in a hreat squad filled with very good shooters. As you could probably tell since tommy won it. Volusia feb 25th!!
I won't make the 25th d/t work but I appreciate you getting Volusia on my radar!

anyone signed up and not able to go? I would love to take your spot! PM me