• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA Matrix Chassis SA in Rem700 or clones.

ChristianSilver

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2019
    East Texas
    I just purchased a Sniper Green Matrix Rem 700 SA from Altus, Every picture of the chassis I have seen is cut for LH or RH actions. Mine arrived last week, I'm at work, had my wife open it and its only cut for RH? Is there been a revision to the chassis? Are they now to be ordered LH or RH.
    Any input would be appreciated.
    1596285216219.png
    1596285230136.png
    1596285332557.png

Not that I know of. How did Altus decide which one you needed? I didn’t see where you get a choice and the pic shows both cuts. They’re nice people so give them a call. I live an hour or so from them and have picked up stuff in person instead of having them ship it. They’ll take care of you 👍

JC, Thanks, there is no doubt about Altus, great folks for sure. I was just shocked when my wife opened it, I will not be back home for a few weeks and wanted to make sure it was in Sniper Green. That is when I realized it was cut for RH only.
    I have read, researched about the Matrix and had no clue it wasn't cut for R & LH actions. Every picture seen and review read it appeared to be cut for either.
    Well maybe someone who owns one will chime in here shortly, I am really looking forward to getting my TL3, TT Diamond and Shilen SSM 6.5 CM dropped in this chassis.

I have two. They were ordered about 4 months apart. The first (ordered 2/20) was cut for RH/LH with a cheap plastic insert and a spring to hold the insert in place. The latest (ordered 6/20) is RH only. Both came directly from MPA.

As of the 4th month of 2020 is my understanding that Matrix chassis is either RH or LH, no more ambidextrous..
    Altus was very helpful and got me squared away and very helpful. Going to keep the RH Matrix in Sniper Green and build my wife a 6 dasher as well.
    I'm going a different route other than the Matrix, hope I have no regrets...