• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA matrix length of pull piece

Russ257

???
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Lancaster, PA
I got this chassis with the butt plate flipped. I need to be able to remove it to get clearance for my cleaning rod. Anyone know how to do it ? I tried turning the adjustment knob but it seems to bottom out.

Attachments

• 3E08E59D-5E96-42A8-B725-77C942473A72.jpeg
    3E08E59D-5E96-42A8-B725-77C942473A72.jpeg
    573 KB · Views: 49
Use a thin rod that has a little flex. I saw a video of Speedy Gonzales cleaning his bench rest rifle and it looked like he was flexing the hell out of his rod

Yes the set screws are out. And I can move the adjustment knob to make it go in and out. But it doesn’t screw all the way out. Should it?
Yea it should. That’s weird. Give a good pull?

Just as others have said, make sure the allen set screws are removed. To remove the adjustment knob, be careful not to lose the small ball bearing and spring that allows for measured adjustments of the knob (and you can feel the "click") when the bearing falls into one of the indents. Those bearings go running into places that make them hard to find so don't do this on carpet or they're gone! I bought a box of bearings on Amazon for like $8, when MPA charges $8 for one bearing and a spring. Anyways, you should be able to remove the butt plate once everything has been removed. To reinstall the knob and bearing/spring, put the knob back in place and then insert the bearing and then the spring (in that order) from the back side (after removing the allen screw that keeps them in place). Good luck.

I finally figured it out. Previous owner had overtightened the set screws which gouged the guide pins not allowing them to come out. I hammered out the roll pins in the butt plate and the was able to pull the guide pins out. Then I chucked them up in a drill and smoothed them up with some sandpaper, put it all together and a now she works like a dream.

Reactions: RedRockCharlie