• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA Matrix Professional Chassis

That’s pretty cool, bet it’s a while before they deliver them though.

Their website says 20-22 weeks for a Matrix.

This has some really cool features up front. The integrated competition side rails and longer forend are a nice add on. The internal weight system seems to be a step up. The grip and thumb shelves are still great features.

I'm not overly impressed with the mag well and attachment system for barricade stops. The angled mag well has been a weakness of MPAs for a long time. Why not just address it directly, rather than through attachments.

I'm glad they took some weight out if the back end, along with making the forend longer. That's a big step forward. I'm interested to see how the adjustable bag rider works and holds up. The elements up here can play absolute havoc on moving parts, I wonder how well it'll hold up to dirty, dust, rain, snow and ice getting into that mechanism.

Reactions: Stoweit
They fixed my biggest pet peeve of the MPA chassis (I have 3 ba comps) - the fact that the arca rail is closed off at the front of the rail. The new weight system is super slick. I hope they sell that night vision bridge with the sun shade cut out.

They fixed my biggest pet peeve of the MPA chassis (I have 3 ba comps) - the fact that the arca rail is closed off at the front of the rail.
Why they made it 'enclosed' is a head scratcher to me. I'm sure he had his reasons.

Why they made it 'enclosed' is a head scratcher to me. I'm sure he had his reasons.
I think they figured your rail was captured so maybe you could loosen it and move it around knowing you won’t lose it. Makes sense but easier to sell a piece of “great technology” that closes the rail. Phil’s videos crack me up - but I have to say that they are geniuses.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
This chassis looks awesome. I have one on order and can’t wait to get my hands on it. This will be my first time in the chassis arena, so we will see how it goes.

My main concern is with the weight distribution of the chassis. I’m fine with them removing weight from the buttstock, but not having a way to add weight to it concerns me. I like to run straight 1.250” barrels on my PRS rifles, and this typically makes my rifles a little front heavy. Now if I want to increase the overall weight of my rifle, my only option is to add weight to the front and throw off the balance further. I’m hoping this turns out to be a nonissue once I have the chassis, but time will tell. The only other option would be to buy an old matrix buttstock and give up the adjustable bag rider, which I am fine with as this is a want rather than a need, but I hate having to buy that right off the bat. Maybe someone will come out with some aftermarket weights that attach to the butt plate or cheek riser.

I would have also liked to see them update their RAT rail with a system that prevents attachments from sliding. I’ve seen accuracy issues from bipods sliding on standard arca rails. In my opinion, the Area419 arcalock and the RRS R-lock systems are much better. At least they kept the pic rail on the spigot. Also, I agree with the previous comments and would have liked to see them get rid of the angled magwell. I don’t think it is very functional, and I personally don’t like the aesthetics. The front magwell attachments are a good compromise though.

Overall, it looks like a near perfect chassis, and I can’t wait to try it. I appreciate that MPA continues to try and innovate and is constantly coming out with new products.

Reactions: S3th
This chassis looks awesome. I have one on order and can’t wait to get my hands on it. This will be my first time in the chassis arena, so we will see how it goes.

My main concern is with the weight distribution of the chassis. I’m fine with them removing weight from the buttstock, but not having a way to add weight to it concerns me. I like to run straight 1.250” barrels on my PRS rifles, and this typically makes my rifles a little front heavy. Now if I want to increase the overall weight of my rifle, my only option is to add weight to the front and throw off the balance further. I’m hoping this turns out to be a nonissue once I have the chassis, but time will tell. The only other option would be to buy an old matrix buttstock and give up the adjustable bag rider, which I am fine with as this is a want rather than a need, but I hate having to buy that right off the bat. Maybe someone will come out with some aftermarket weights that attach to the butt plate or cheek riser.

I would have also liked to see them update their RAT rail with a system that prevents attachments from sliding. I’ve seen accuracy issues from bipods sliding on standard arca rails. In my opinion, the Area419 arcalock and the RRS R-lock systems are much better. At least they kept the pic rail on the spigot. Also, I agree with the previous comments and would have liked to see them get rid of the angled magwell. I don’t think it is very functional, and I personally don’t like the aesthetics. The front magwell attachments are a good compromise though.

Overall, it looks like a near perfect chassis, and I can’t wait to try it. I appreciate that MPA continues to try and innovate and is constantly coming out with new products.
I have one on order too and am excited to get it! Saves me the trouble of going out and getting the comp side rails and buying extra weights to balance an MTU contour barrel since the weight is better distributed. I especially appreciate being able to add and move the weights without having to remove the action. That’ll be a huge convenience for quickly shuffling things around to find a good balance point.

If you wanna trade for a regular matrix buttstock let me know! I’ll be happy to help

I have one on order too and am excited to get it! Saves me the trouble of going out and getting the comp side rails and buying extra weights to balance an MTU contour barrel since the weight is better distributed. I especially appreciate being able to add and move the weights without having to remove the action. That’ll be a huge convenience for quickly shuffling things around to find a good balance point.

If you wanna trade for a regular matrix buttstock let me know! I’ll be happy to help
Thanks, I may take you up on that. We’ll see once I have the chassis. Like I said, it may be a nonissue.

Reactions: BoulderE89

I’m in the same boat. Was trying to decide whether or not to order but ultimately decided to hold off because of lack of rear weights. I run my comp chassis with both rear weights and only one front.

I have an F-Class rail on my MPA that I take on and off if I want to shoot BR off my Rodzilla Co-Ax rest. Im thinking this chassis is 3 inches wide and would probably ride real well on my front bag. Nice looking chassis too. I wonder when these will actually be available like the BA comps. 2 years?

According to MPA, contrary to what I was originally told, there will be a cutout in the bag rider for adding a steel weight.

Anyone know if they have started shipping any of these pro's yet? I ordered on in Feb and was told 16 week lead time.

Garrett preece of preece precision posted on Facebook this week a picture of a rifle build he put together with a matrix pro on it. He chambers for morgun king so it might have been his rifle

Yes, installed it on my vudoo 3-60. I had to install 7 of the 8 internal weights to get it to balance out. Also had to buy the separate mag blocker plate which i really like (not shown in pic). Total weight on my rifle with the NF Atacr and accutac bipod is right at 20lbs. I ran a few practice stages with it and so far i love it. Very stable platform.

Attachments

• 20220713_201726.jpg
    20220713_201726.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 691
Yes, installed it on my vudoo 3-60. I had to install 7 of the 8 internal weights to get it to balance out. Also had to buy the separate mag blocker plate which i really like (not shown in pic). Total weight on my rifle with the NF Atacr and accutac bipod is right at 20lbs. I ran a few practice stages with it and so far i love it. Very stable platform.
is the adjustable bag rider useful or gimmicky?

I also have had mine in hand for several weeks if there are any questions. Haven't shot it yet due to an action manufacturer that is way behind. MPA beat their delivery commitment a week early. First impressions are positive though a couple little things make it clear this is one of the first ones made. Some of the printed parts aren't consistent in texture and material. Some holes were tapped after finishing. Machining and finish on the new spigot mount is rough. The level has a nice bead but also a bubble in it, which is going to drive me crazy. No magwell plates are included, which I missed in the details. My main gripe is I like a short trigger reach and to accomplish this on the matrix style chassis you have to use the largest grips which is counterintuitive and completely precludes ever gripping the gun around the grip when moving for shooters with small hands. Clearly designed by dudes with big hands not thinking that through. Overall excited and much improved over older ba comp but feels a pit pre-production considering I paid full price.

Reactions: S3th
Shooting the chassis now and really like it. Lots of customization options so I still have some experimenting to do. With a terminus zeus a razor gen 3 and a 26" proof competition I ended up little over 21 lbs. I was plesantly surprised that with no additional weights that setup was balanced exactly where I would want few inches ahead of the magwell.

Reactions: Stoweit and S3th