• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes MSR reticle WILL NOW be available direct from S&B

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Just a little heads up to everyone. I got this info from our S&B rep that the MSR reticle will continue to be available only from Finn Accuracy and not directly from S&B. </span>

UPDATE: They now will be available. Glad they came to an agreement.

Some other excellent reticles out there from S&B like the P4F, H2CMR and Klein for the tactical shooters so still some nice options.

Re: MSR reticle will not be available direct from S&B

Well that just sucks. Thanks for the head up Rob.

It does suck as the MSR looks outstanding. The FinnAccuracy guy seemed to indicate that the MSR may be available sometime down the road, but I'm not holding my breath. I decided to order a 5.5-25x with the P4F and now I'm like a little kid waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks for the info, even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

I was waiting for the MSR..but now its back to either the Klein or the P4F.

Take it easy guys. Goes with the territory that a lot of rumors fly around regarding new products... MSR seems not to be exception.

As far as I'm aware no final decision has been made to either direction.

Originally this was supposed to available from FinnAccuracy only, but S&B got interested on it also due to positive market feedback wants to add the reticle to their public offering.

So the best you can do is to continue asking for MSR from your local dealers and keeping up the pressure.
smile.gif

MSa

The MSR is in S&Bs promo literature, weird that they won't offer it now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take it easy guys. Goes with the territory that a lot of rumors fly around regarding new products... MSR seems not to be exception.

As far as I'm aware no final decision has been made to either direction.

Originally this was supposed to available from FinnAccuracy only, but S&B got interested on it also due to positive market feedback wants to add the reticle to their public offering.

So the best you can do is to continue asking for MSR from your local dealers and keeping up the pressure.
smile.gif

MSa

</div></div>

I would hardly call it a rumor. I was asked to put this out by the LE/Mil rep of S&B so they have been told through their chain and are under the impression that it won't be happening now. Hopefully it will change in the future as more options are always nice but I wouldn't wait for it if you're a shooter looking to buy an S&B.

RTR, they were planning on putting it out but I guess a deal couldn't be struck.

Rob,

Use your S&B clout to make the H2CMR reticle available for retrofit in the 4-16's

IWA 2011 show (second biggest gun show after Shot) just ended today.

The good news directly from the show: MSR will be available not only from FinnAccuracy but also from S&B directly.

It may take a while for things to be finalized and S&B inform their sales channel on this.

That's good news. Looks like a deal was struck which is really good news for the shooters. Thanks for the info.

Re: MSR reticle WILL be available direct from S&B

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob,

Use your S&B clout to make the H2CMR reticle available for retrofit in the 4-16's </div></div>

No Kidding. Was a bummer when I spoke with Todd about that.

Was there any word on a potential time frame for US availability?

Schmidt & Bender's Mark Cromwell has confirmed that the MSR Reticle will be available in both the 5-25x56 and 3-20x50 with a $200 fee with and 12 week wait from order to delivery. I suspect that a few of the vendors here are already placing orders. I had already decided on the reticle but now I have to decide on the model too.

gm

To the venders here that have them on order, I would be interested in a 5X25

Im interested in one as well.

This is what Mark at S&B told me a week ago:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The MSR reticle is not available.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The MSR deal fell through in Germany and while S&B is doing them for Finn Accuracy they are limiting the sale to only a few European countries.</div></div>

OEJ, it's at S&B in NH right now and Mark and crew are just waiting for the H2CMR reticles to get there and then they will be installing it and sending it back. I can't wait!

Dan, that was the word but it has changed.

I have two SB 5-25s with H2CMR reticles on order....
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what Mark at S&B told me a week ago:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The MSR reticle is not available.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The MSR deal fell through in Germany and while S&B is doing them for Finn Accuracy they are limiting the sale to only a few European countries.</div></div> </div></div>

As far as I know, thats old information. Situation changed 2 weeks ago.
Will be available in US via S&B, just as any other std reticle.

FYI, "MSA" in this thread is Mr. FinnAccuracy.

Mark just emailed me back:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Daniel,

We just found out last week that the MSR reticle is available in the 5-25x56 PMII L/P with an additional $200 reticle fee. Delivery is 12 weeks.

Sincerely,
Mark Cromwell</div></div>

Im waiting for it to show up in the PMII MTC LT

But wait guys what about the new Gen 4 S&B with the new MSR what do you think the wait time is for it. I am wanting the msr but don't know if I should wait for the Gen 4. Please does anyone know when they will be out.

If its MORE money for the SPECIAL MSR reticle , I will be forgetting it , and be just as happy with the P4F and $200 in my pocket .

Shades of Horus reticles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob,

Use your S&B clout to make the H2CMR reticle available for retrofit in the 4-16's </div></div>

+1 on that

Chris I kind of agree but more choices make more people happy. Always good to have options.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark just emailed me back:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Daniel,

We just found out last week that the MSR reticle is available in the 5-25x56 PMII L/P with an additional $200 reticle fee. Delivery is 12 weeks.

Sincerely,
Mark Cromwell</div></div>

Im waiting for it to show up in the PMII MTC LT
</div></div>
Dan,

As the MSR is not one of S & B's in-house-designed reticles (it is a FinnAccuracy reticle design and is a Special Order reticle with a $200 Surcharge) I wouldn't hold my breath for S & B to make a run of PMII 5-25X MTC LT MSRs' on a whim. S & B can just lay-back and see which configuration of PMII 5-25X is the most popular, and of those ordered how many are ordered with the MSR upgrade to guage how many reticles - if any, they should keep on-hand in Germany and/or the U.S. Service Center.

Bottom line is if you want it, order it. I'm sure that any of the Hide's S & B vendors' would be happy to sell an S & B (or better yet, more than one), to you.

Keith

Rob , What I was trying to get at , was the over priced Special reticles like the Horus at $500 , and this at $200 .

These are already expensive optics , and the extra for a Special reticle , donot work for me at all , just over priced ( read way over priced ) for the little extra over the good std ones like the P4F etc .

So for me , I donot BUY into to the marketing crap on this .

Cheers Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But wait guys what about the new Gen 4 S&B with the new MSR what do you think the wait time is for it. I am wanting the msr but don't know if I should wait for the Gen 4. Please does anyone know when they will be out. </div></div>
Which particular PMII, or which features are you thinking of that you are calling <span style="font-style: italic">"Gen 4 S & B"</span>?

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If its MORE money for the SPECIAL MSR reticle , I will be forgetting it , and be just as happy with the P4F and $200 in my pocket .

Shades of Horus reticles

</div></div>
It it sounds as if you like the MSR reticle and would like an MSR-equipped PMII <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">if there was no upcharge</span></span>, or possibly a lower upcharge to get the MSR in a new PMII. That would be great but is unrealistic. Keep in mind that reticle manufacturing costs increase as reticle design becomes more intricate - fine subtensions, numbering, and additional scales increase the labor involved, especially on illuminated models.

All PMII 5-25X and 3-20X scopes are illuminated, and the illuminated areas of an illuminated reticle must be coated/filled so that they illuminate when the illumination is turned on, and extra-special care must be taken when filling/coating these areas to ensure that <span style="font-style: italic">only</span> these areas illuminate. All non-illuminated areas must remain perfectly "clean" to prevent "illumination bloom" or "bleeding".

We know that PMIIs' configured with P1 Bryant, Klein, P4, P4F, and the H2CMR reticle cost more than equivalent model PMIIs configured with the P3. Also, something else to consider is that the MSR was designed by FinnAccuracy, not S & B and there may be licensing fees involved.

I don't like the upcharge either, but I'm not ruling the MSR out for myself in future PMIIs'. Don't hate - it is what it is, and thats' all that it is.

Keith

Guys it is what it is. You want the MSR then you pay the fee. If not then don't and get a P4F, H2CMR or Klein. No need to get upset about. Everyone has freedom of choice.

We are a dealer for S&B we have PMII 5-25X56 scopes with the MSR
reticle on order at the 200.00 up charge.The only up charge from S&B is for the MSR and Horus.All the others P3,P4 H2CMR reticles are the same price. MSR is 200.00 Horus is 350.00 if the scope is ordered with either reticle.If you have a scope converted it gets very expensive.We were told 8 to 10 weeks on any 5-25X56 PMII we ordered no matter which reticle.Thats the latest information we received from S&B so we ordered all the new reticles.We were also told June on the 3-20 PMII scopes we have on order. Hope this helps.
Thanks
Randy

I donot mind paying extra , but would expect , to pay $50-100, and not these crazy prices for these SOO Special reticles .

Its about time the consumer was back in charge , opps ,

If you can't afford an extra $200 for a reticle that S&B has to pay someone else a royalty on, then you shouldn't be buying a S&B scope in the first place. A $200 premium is around 6-7% of the total cost of the scope. If you don't like that, then buy a reticle that S&B doesn't have to pay for to use.

I don't have a S&B, but if I get one it will be with the MSR. You pay for features, which is why you are looking at the S&B to begin with. You can't expect someone else to foot the bill for an upgrade you want, whether that's $50 or $200.

Buddy , I just donot see the $200 worth in the reticle , and I already own 5 PMIIs , all with the P4F reticles , and again for the hard of hearing , I donot see enough features over the alreay very good P4F reticle .

Cheers Chris

P.S.
I did not say I could NOT afford , said , I did not see the value for money , slightly different things , opps

It's amazing what good stuff they come up with over there in Finland during those long winters :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TechOps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's amazing what good stuff they come up with over there in Finland during those long winters :) </div></div>

Spot on.
wink.gif

Now we're starting to have the "lights on all day long part of the year", so expect no advances in the immediate near future - shooting season starts!

MSa