• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes MST-100 and factory match ammo

corsairpilot62

Flying Lottery Machine Winner!
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2020
The Twilight Zone
Hello Folks, I am having an M40A1 clone being build. I was able to get an MST-100 my question to you all. Is there a factory match ammo that closely tracks the bdc on the mst-100?
thank you for your time. I appologize if this may be a repeated post.

Any 308 ammo using a Sierra 175 gr Match King (or one of the several near identical bullets from Nosler, Hornady, or Prvi Partizan) and pushing it at 2550 - 2600 fps will be close enough.

Reactions: Skunk
FGMM 175 will likely be close.

Problem is finding any match ammo right now.

There are firing tables for M118 ammo and what you will see is that the settings using the coarse Elevation adjustment and the fine elevation adjustment can be an art in operation......sometimes you will coarse dial over and fine adjust down or coarse dial under and adjust the fine tune up.

Id zero for whatever 175 SMK you find readily available and go from there....reloading to M118 speeds is likely to be your best alternative.

Reactions: Skunk
Most any modern, commercially loaded 175-ish grain ammo will outperform the scope's elevation adjustment. Everything out there these days is going to top 2600fps easily. The guys who've already posted are correct... you're gonna need to find, or load, something slow.

Thanks for the help guys. Finding any ammo is a pain. Kinda using the rifle build time to try to find and stock up on ammo that is close to the bdc on the scope.