• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ssgtkyle

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2011
Brea, CA
Members. I am pleased to announce that we are now offering a limited number of the MST-100's. Originally we planned to make 30 but now we are going to produce 50. This is on a first come first serve basis. 15 were sold in 2 hours so if you really want one please contact me at 714- 582-1956 or via e-mail [email protected]

Jason

Re: MST-100

Nice. Wish this had been two months ago when I bought mine, but now I'm tempted to get another for my rimfire trainer...

What's the price?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does this count as selling things with less than 100 posts? jus curious </div></div>Don't think so, it appears as though he's a USO employee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does this count as selling things with less than 100 posts? jus curious </div></div>Don't think so, it appears as though he's a USO employee.</div></div>

rules are rules dag nabbit.........

He has an orange name :), I think he'll be alright.

ha ha was kidding anyhow, sell away......to me for a discounted price! (subliminal messaging dont work typed I suppose)

The price is $2850. We are getting close to being sold out!

I got a second one. How happy can one man be
grin.gif

So, is this run definitely going into production, or are you waiting for the last few slots to be filled before it's a sure thing?

Hey guys,

We are working on getting the MST-100's out to you. Here's a picture of the turrets from today. As updates become available I will ensure to inform you all.

Jason

398050508.jpg

Wow! How funny. Just this morning I was wondering how they were coming along. Thanks for the update.

would you mind posting pics of the process along the way? just to see the process and what goes into a 3 thousand dollar scope from the 70's??

Thanks,
DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would you mind posting pics of the process along the way? just to see the process and what goes into a 3 thousand dollar scope from the 70's??

Thanks,
DT </div></div>

I think we can do this for all of you. They are pretty labor intensive and I would love to show what goes into making them.
John III

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad USO just doesn't keep this in stock. I'm sure they'd continue to sell</div></div>

Rarity, limited availability, nostalgia, collectability etc. are all grist to the mill of keeping up demand.

If they were available off the shelf every day of the week, where's the impetus to buy? It just becomes another item on the list....

I've had one on my M40A1 clone for two years....love it!

Price has gone up around $350 (if my memory is correct) in those two years.

Get 'em while you can!!

Wow, the original post was in March, and now, FIVE months later, they still are "being worked on" to "get them out to you"....What a crazy world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1kHIT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, the original post was in March, and now, FIVE months later, they still are "being worked on" to "get them out to you"....What a crazy world. </div></div>

From what I understand, these scopes are VERY labor and time intensive to make, as they're not regularly mass-produced items. USO has always been upfront about the wait time for these, and they're professional enough to update all of us on the progress of the scopes. I don't think there's anything crazy at all about this order or the timeline, and I for one will be waiting patiently for my scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1kHIT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, the original post was in March, and now, FIVE months later, they still are "being worked on" to "get them out to you"....What a crazy world. </div></div>

did you order one?

Any updates on what stage the scopes are at, and when they will be ready for delivery?

Cheers

I shot out an E-mail a few days ago and was informed they should begin to ship around the first of the year. I'm glad I don't have any hair or I would be pulling it out. Like Mike said you have to love those MST-100's.

I ordered mine in 2008 during the last run, took just over a year to deliver. Patience is a must have with these, unless you have the cash ready when one pops up in the EE.

Unique , I have 2 , 1 is getting a change in colour ( from green to black ) , 1 is going on a M40A1 build , so nothing unusual there .

The other is VERY unusuall , it will go onto a Canadian C3A1 clone build , this is basically a British Parker Hale M87 rifle in either a TX1200 wood stock or a McMillan A2 stock , using a special one piece parker hale scope mount & a Metric version of the USMC Unertl scope .

So one will be on a Rem700 based rifle , and the other on a Parker Hale ( Mauser 98 ) .

I can understand the nostalgia of owning one and the need for duplicating a M40A1, but other than that what is the draw? I know they are very tough but so are several other optics today. I dont mean to be insulting just curious.

The draw is in duplicating the M40A1 or a Canadian C3A1 rifle , and thats IT .

Its not the easiest or simplest scope to use , from zeroing to paralex its differcult , and sometimes ( para adjustment ) virtually impossible to get it right .

It is also calibre & load specific , ie 308 172-175gr at 2600fps , or the cam does not match up .

Its a good old tech/era scope , but it does NOT in my veiw run with the best current generation tac scopes .

The world has moved on , for the better .

It’s hard to explain. I spent 28 years around that scope just under a different name. There is just something about it that draws you in for a better look. Then you pick one up, mounted or not and you have to have one. They were not available, no matter how hard you tried & looked you just couldn’t get one. So when they did hit the civilian market all those feelings came back and I’m getting one. Don’t care how tough they are or that there is better optics out there for less money. Don’t even care if I have a gun to put it on, I’m just getting one that is all there is too it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rommel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It’s hard to explain. I spent 28 years around that scope just under a different name. There is just something about it that draws you in for a better look. Then you pick one up, mounted or not and you have to have one. They were not available, no matter how hard you tried & looked you just couldn’t get one. So when they did hit the civilian market all those feelings came back and I’m getting one. Don’t care how tough they are or that there is better optics out there for less money. Don’t even care if I have a gun to put it on, I’m just getting one that is all there is too it! </div></div>

This.

I have one and it is not going anywhere.

But.....the scope I use the most is a Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 PMII MTC GenII.

I have to admit it would be nice to know how far they've come along since that last picture of the unfinished housings in the egg tray.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think we can do this for all of you. They are pretty labor intensive and I would love to show what goes into making them.
John III</div></div>

should i wear a helmet cam?

Guys,

Sorry I will try and keep you more up to date. The first 10 went out for teflon yesterday. The others are getting engraved with serial numbers and I will let you know how far along they are coming.

Jason

OK guys this is what we are looking at for delivery times. The first ten should be shipped in about a month. After that we are expecting to ship ten more every two weeks. If this time line gets pushed either way I will let you know.

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can understand the nostalgia of owning one and the need for duplicating a M40A1, but other than that what is the draw? I know they are very tough but so are several other optics today. I dont mean to be insulting just curious. </div></div>

I have one and it will be sitting atop my M40A1 when it's done.

I have told folks time and time again, that if I didn't carry one back in the day, then I would have no use for one. I have several scopes in my safe that are just better than the MST-100. The MST doesn't really do anything that a Bushnell 3200 10x can do for the average user (who isn't going to pound nails with it).

The reason I paid the asking price for the MST and the correct mount to go with it is simple. An M40A1 isn't and M40A1 unless it has a Unertl 10x or MST-100 sitting on it. For those of us who have the desire to recapture that feeling, there is no other option.

I've asked JBW to build me one for a very specific, very selfish reason -- a good friend carried the MOS back in the day, and I want to take him out for a shoot while we still have the time. Now I don't have the funds to make an authentic M40A1, but I can get reeeeaal close by using the MST-100 and some other available components.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The draw is in duplicating the M40A1 or a Canadian C3A1 rifle, and that's IT.</div></div>

the FBI also used the Unertl 10x riflescopes