• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Re: MST-100

I have a question is Unertl not going to make them any more? I should have phrased that better I know the MST-100 is U.S. Optics
and Unertl is the 10x but I was told you can still get the 10x from Unertl. How are these scopes different?

Any updates on these? Any more factory production photos to share? Do they really exist in our dimension?

The MST's are shipping out. The first 20 should all be completed by the end of the week. I'm not in the office today but I will try and get some pictures out tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssgtkyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not in the office today but I will try and get some pictures out tomorrow. </div></div>

bump...for pictures;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone get theirs yet? </div></div>

Whad'ya think? They don't even have pictures yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Xview</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone get theirs yet? </div></div>

Whad'ya think? They don't even have pictures yet.</div></div>

Some have already been mailed out. I know that for sure. One guy already has his.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Some have already been mailed out. I know that for sure. One guy already has his. </div></div>

Ah! Good news!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have let to see a scope as tough as a MST-100 </div></div>

my own USO MST-100 has broken twice in the past month, but Jeff Fertal has been awesome in getting the issue addressed ASAP and following up with the exceptional customer service for which U.S. Optics has long been renowned

Got mine on Thursday. Just beautiful!

Here's some phone pics:

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0364.jpg

Haven't had time to mount it yet. It takes a lot of will power not to drop everything I'm doing and mount it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have let to see a scope as tough as a MST-100 </div></div>

my own USO MST-100 has broken twice in the past month, but Jeff Fertal has been awesome in getting the issue addressed ASAP and following up with the exceptional customer service for which U.S. Optics has long been renowned </div></div>

They have a reputation for good customer service. What was it that broke?

(I have told folks time and time again, that if I didn't carry one back in the day, then I would have no use for one. I have several scopes in my safe that are just better than the MST-100. The MST doesn't really do anything that a Bushnell 3200 10x can do for the average user (who isn't going to pound nails with it).

i agree ^

theres just somethng about the way it clicks from one range to the next and the overall feel of its movements that brings me back in time and it just cant be replicated but besides the muscle memory and the fond memories there is also something cool about knowing you can take it off and drive nails with it or use it to keep your truck from rolling down a hill and at about 40oz it would also make a great thing to brain someone with if you ever have to and god knows it wont hurt the scope any. ah the unertl 10x the 1911 of scopes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Xview</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have let to see a scope as tough as a MST-100</div></div>

my own USO MST-100 has broken twice in the past month, but Jeff Fertal has been awesome in getting the issue addressed ASAP and following up with the exceptional customer service for which U.S. Optics has long been renowned</div></div>

They have a reputation for good customer service. What was it that broke?</div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2902032&page=1

and for the record, I also have a U.S. Optics SN-3 and an ST-10, and I have had no issues whatsoever with either of those other two USO riflescopes I own

It's a little discouraging to see that you had the same reticle wire problem twice in a row. Damn! I hope they found out how to solve the problem before mounting reticles in this last batch.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an MST 100 that had the USO logo in the field of view, which would clearly be an etched reticle. But the original Unertls had wire reticles, and I remember hearing the round dots would sometimes fall off, so they went to the stronger attachments of the football shaped dots. At least it's a good thing you are ending up with the correct square-ended posts instead of the odd pointy ones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Xview</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a little discouraging to see that you had the same reticle wire problem twice in a row. Damn! I hope they found out how to solve the problem before mounting reticles in this last batch.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an MST 100 that had the USO logo in the field of view, which would clearly be an etched reticle. But the original Unertls had wire reticles, and I remember hearing the round dots would sometimes fall off, so they went to the stronger attachments of the football shaped dots. At least it's a good thing you are ending up with the correct square-ended posts instead of the odd pointy ones.</div></div>

Discouraging, yes, but hopeful because I know USO has stepped up and is going above and beyond to take care of it for me.

An MST-100 with an etched reticle would be an anomaly, IMHO, because Jeff Fertal @ USO confirmed to me recently that the MST-100s do indeed retain the wire reticles as found in the original Unertl 10x USMC Snipers.

whatever is going on is def not a normal thing and im sure the guys at us optics will make it right , but this kind of problem or any problem for that matter with a uso 10x or mst-100 is very rare. hell i have seen these things abused in ways that should have done serious damage and no damage was done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS-8541-dono</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whatever is going on is def not a normal thing and im sure the guys at us optics will make it right , but this kind of problem or any problem for that matter with a uso 10x or mst-100 is very rare. hell i have seen these things abused in ways that should have done serious damage and no damage was done.</div></div>

that is what I would expect, given the anecdotal stories of Marines being able to use Unertl 10x scopes to pound tent stakes into frozen ground...

ive never seen that take place but i couldnt count the times ive seen them dropped on the dirt,sand,concrete or fallen down stairs or out a window. most people dont realize unless you actually hold one just how heavy and well built they are and you have to remember its only a 1 inch tiube and they weight as much or more than most modern variable power tactical scopes.

I'm well aware of the robustness of the Unertl 10X sniper scope, but never heard of problems with stressed wires in the crosshairs. Toward the end, I believe Premier Reticles was the vendor for the football shaped dots while Unertl was still in business.

Whoever USO's current reticle vendor is needs to do something different or step up their quality control. Broken wires should not be a problem, especially since I doubt B. Melick was pounding stakes with his, or dropping it on concrete, tossing it down his stairs or throwing it out of his window (who the hell would do that, by the way?).

I'm just glad USO is producing these, given their high desireability. The ones I've seen are still made hell for stout, and there are always bugs to be worked, especially when dealing with sourced parts. Totally understandable. I'm sure they're already lighting a fire under their reticle manufacturer's bass:)

as for falling down stairs and dropped out windows you would be amazed at some of the things my fellow marines have done to these , all on accident btw but everyone i have seen put through one these "accidents" has always servived , and you are right as for the wires those def should not be dropping and as this is the only case i have heard of im sure uso will be quick to help out and make this right any way they can even if the wires were done out of house. this is one of the perks of upping the cash for a piece of art made by one of the best tactical scope companys in the game imho

Hello All,

There has been a few more MST-100's that have become available. We have contacted those who were on our waiting list. They have till Monday at noon pacific standard time to respond to us. If they are still any available they will be for sale on a first come first serve basis. You will have to pay a deposit of 50% to secure your order. Please give us a call at 714 582 1956 after 12:00 pm.

Jason

Jason,

Any further update for those of us still waiting on scopes from the original order?

kft101,

We will start working on the next set sometime this week. I will keep you guys updated on how many that will be shipping out.

Jason

Late last week I finally received my MST-100 back again from Jeff Fertal @ US Optics. They went above and beyond to repair the wire mil-dot reticle which had separated in my riflescope on two separate occasions. I re-mounted the MST-100 on my spec M40A1 build (with return USMC stock and matching bottom metal) and cannot wait to hit the range later this coming week. Thanks to everyone at USO for a great product coupled with outstanding customer service!

Really would like to have seen more pictures of the building process as John mentioned. Maybe it's just me, but I love seeing photos of finely crafted, precisely milled parts, pieces and assemblies in the white.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody know how many MST-100s are out in circulation? </div></div>

I am pretty sure the guys at USO know.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bach,

I'm really missing that rifle, any chance you want to send it back?</div></div>

actually, possibly yes...

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for not posting more pictures sooner. Here are images of the next set of ten MST-100s going into production today:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Main Components (excluding lenses)</span>
IMG_5195.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Turret Housings w/ Elevation and Windage Knobs</span>
IMG_5197.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Objective Housings</span>
IMG_5200.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Eyepiece Housings</span>
IMG_5198.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Erectors</span>
IMG_5196.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Reticle Housings</span>
IMG_5199.jpg

Here is the next set of twenty MST-100 components that went out for teflon coating the other day:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Elevation Knobs and Eyepiece/Objective Lock Rings</span>
IMG_5192.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Objective Housings</span>
IMG_5191.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Windage Knobs and Elevation Vernier Dials</span>
IMG_5190.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Eyepiece Housings and Turret Housings</span>
IMG_5193.jpg

Thank you everyone for being patient. I'll try to snap some photos of the MST-100s being assembled. Oh yeah, we still have a couple MST-100s that are not spoken for so if anyone is still interested in purchasing one please give us a call.

- Jeff

Just got mine delivered!
laugh.gif

It's with a custom serial number too. Definitely worth the wait.

Just got my MST-100 with custom serial #

I have a question whats supposed to be in the box? Mine just had scope only!!!

No Instructions

No Parallax tool

No Warranty

No decals

Nothing!!!!

Is it meant to come with any of these items

Thanks

All of that stuff you mentioned should be in a large manila envelope. If it is not in your box call USO they will take care of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cummins cowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know what happened to all the surplus unertls from the original rifles?? </div></div>

Supposedly in storage at Albany last I heard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wilshire1412</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cummins cowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know what happened to all the surplus unertls from the original rifles?? </div></div>

Supposedly in storage at Albany last I heard. </div></div>

I wonder if there is a remote chance that USO will be able to obtain these.

Does anyone have an older mint MST100 they'd like to move? I'm looking for the older version, or "first" version model.

thanks