• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mueller 8-32x44 Target - Anybody used one?

PeteCamp

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2009
TX
Curious if anybody has tried one of these or ever seen a review?

I'm looking for an optic that would be similar to one for a LR centerfire for a 22LR training rifle. Target knobs, side focus etc. Budget is around $300.

I have a Nikon 4.5-14 with a 20 MOA R/T base on my CZ 452 but it has hunting knobs and pretty limited MOA range. I hate to spend $1K on a scope that will never see anything beyond 2-300 yards. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Mueller 8-32x44 Target - Anybody used one?

If you are going to use it to train for a centerfire,why not buy the scope you want,train with it,and later mount it on your centerfire rifle?Buy something decent quality that will have some resale value when you upgrade,these off brand chinese knock offs are hard to give away.Just a thought.

BUY ONCE,CRY ONCE

Check out Rimfire Central for " New scope from Mueller" thread. It is a long thread.

Thanks ba_50 found it.

Hard to justify a high dollar scope on a 22LR not used for benchrest and rarely shot more than 200 yards. I already have the high dollar stuff on the centerfires. Similar mechanical operation is what I've been looking for.

Speaking of cheap Chinese knock offs, I got a clone of a Mk-4 Leupold from eXplore Optics. 30mm 3-10x40 side focus with tactical knobs, also available with illuminated reticle.
Clear and bright, I don't think the clicks are really 1/8", more like 1/4" or 1/3"; I haven't put it on a grid yet, though I've been shooting it about a month. For $300, I'm delighted. Apparently, the Sheriff's Dept two counties west from here use these, for whatever that's worth.

I have had very good experiences with mueller in the past, i have an apv on my wife's 10-22 that is phenominal, my only complaint is that the eye releif is not as forgiving as my old simmons

I put one of these on a 40x 22 benchrest, and I've been pretty pleased with it. I haven't had a good chance to send the turrets through a box test, but for now it seems bright and clear.

I have a 8-32 on a Savage Mark II and its fantastic.. Seems a bit heavy and super long but its a dedicated bench gun so not a big deal. I also have a APV on a 10/22 but I just got it last week so I didn't have a chance to shoot it yet. I also hear they are coming out with a new APT scope next month and that'll be on my 93R17 for sure.

I have emailed the owner of Mueller and have had great communication with him. Great guy

I have one on a Savage 93 in .17hmr and love it so far. Great scope. They are very long with the sunshade on or off. I will try a "box" test when Burris sends me the right inserts for my ZEE rings.

I think the new APT comes out next month should be around $160/170. I am thinking about another 8-32 for my MkII 22 but will wait till the APT comes out before picking one.

From all I can find the 8-32 is a decent scope for the money. And Mueller certainly has a good rep for customer service. One of their reps hangs out on RFC. I have an APV on a 10-22. Excellent scope for a 22 IMHO. Thanks for the input guys.

Anybody have a link for the APT?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeteCamp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anybody have a link for the APT? </div></div>

APT Thread

These scopes have been on back order several weeks but now available. Just ordered one the merchant called Mueller and confirmed they are in stock.

Pete,

How about this one price delivered under $300.00:

Falcon Menace fixed 7.5x50MM

For under $300. you get a Mildot reticle , choice of MOA or Mil adjustments (That's the one you want, but they call it metric adjustments, but it is really 0.1 mils per click, 0.36"), 100 MOA of adjustment and a parallax focus down to 30 feet.

Here my Falcon 7.5x50mm on a Rem XCR Compact in .223 with Falcon sunshade:

DSCF0979.jpg

But I have another on a Kimber 22lr.

Bob

I got one of the first run of the Muellers and it very good.
I put it on a CZ American 22lr. Use it for targets up to 150yds. Very clear, easy adj, and holds O well.
I used B-sq rings in 30mm.