• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mueller target scope opinions..leaper out of the ?

kennyfisher4413

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2009
Ashville, OH
I ran across a company selling Leaper scopes they were priced pretty decent. Any one have any opinions about them good or bad. Then intended use is for .22lr target competitions.

While im at it any opinions on the mueller target dot scope?

Re: Leaper brand scopes???? opinions wanted

ive only seen them sold in airgun catalogs, if that helps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Garbage! </div></div>

And thats being nice...

Leapers...uh isn't that an Airsoft Company?

.22 competition? My kid shoots a Savage MkII with a jeez, forgot what it is, Simmons or something, 3-9x32 and he tears stuff up to 100M with it. On a good windless day, he can still hit 4" orange clays at 200M if he works at it.

POS!!! Run militant... run!! The call them leapers because most educated optic buyers leap over them time and time again.

Re: Leaper brand scope???? opinions wanted

LOL thanks guys thats all I need to hear....this was the first time I ever saw them anywhere and it was on a precision .22 site.

Im looking for a decent scope around $250 that has target knobs. Any Thoughts?

What about the mueller target dot scope any opinions on them?

Mueller makes very good scopes and their warranty policy is excellent.
If you look to the Mueller APT, it has a mil-dot reticle but should work very well.

im looking at a silver mueller apt 4.5-14x40 in silver for my silver 10/22 or possibly just buying a scope and painting it silver if i cant find the options i want from the factory in silver. read good reviews, i just wanted to say it was leapers i saw in the airgun catalogs, had not seen much mueller but in catalogs. i think its gonna look nice. id like target knobs, mildot, but its a toss up. i was thinking about putting a vortex 6-24x50 on my 10/22 and painting it silver. not sure yet

I have got the Mueller APV and the Mueller Tac II 8.5x25. They are suprising descant scopes for the money. The tracking can be off on some of the scopes, but when you are shooting short range rimfire, who really cares. Well at least I don't. Just another note, I tested the APV on my LR-308 and it held up nicely.

Want something in the 200 Range. Bushnell/B$L 3200 elite fixed 10. Best scope IMHO in the 200 range.

Actually, the bushnell that costs 200 is the elite 3200 10x, not a 4200 series (if you're looking). They have a very good reputation.
The Mueller APT will give you variable power for less. They also make a 4-16x illuminated mil-dot for about 250.