• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Multi- Caliber Suppressor

johnc2030

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2014
Gentleman- I need some input on which suppressor to go with. My primary concern is loosing as little accuracy as possible. At least preliminarily I would be using the suppressor on a 6.8 SPC, a 300 BLK & a 556. I've narrowed it down to SilencerCo Saker or the Thunder Beast 30BA. What do you guys think of these two & / or others I should consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the lead. It has some good input. I'd like to hear a specific discussion on accuracy.

I would avoid putting the 30BA on a semi auto. If you get carried away with some rapid fire you could burn it up.

The 30BA is intended for a bolt gun

Can't give you any info on the Saker but I don't know how much more accurate you can get than the TBAC. Here are two 5 shot groups @ 100 yards. The one on the left was the first 5 after cleaning the bore. The right was the next 5. Rifle is a Rem 700 in an AICS 6.5X47L.
. CAM00011.jpg

I have 3 Thunder beast cans, couldn't be better.
Great accuracy, Always repeatable. Picked up my 223 can Saturday after
12 1/2 months! Went out dogging as soon as I left the shop.

I don't have mine yet but the Templar Tactical Firearms titanium cans are full auto rated when used with their brakes. The steel brake acts as the first two baffles of the suppressor thus limiting wear in the titanium. I have heard good reports for accuracy, no first hand experience, got a few more months to go. Also not a whole lot of them out there yet so reports seem to be limited.

There is a video on this page showing target impacts from three different TTF cans

http://www.templartacticalfirearms.com/products/archangel-762/archangel30caltitaniumsuppressor/

Last edited:
I decided I want the 762 Saker but it doesn't look like anyone will have them in stock until May... I might just settle for the Specwar 762. I wanted the Saker since it was a little bit shorter - I felt like it would work better for me with my 556 AR. (Also using it on a Rem 700 308).

So I had the TBAC 30BA at the top of the list until the comment about not running it on AR's. 3 out of the 4 guns I want to run it in are AR's with the fourth being a Rem 700 LTR 308.

I could see myself doing several 3 shot bursts in rapid succession and going through a mag change in the process but no "mag dumps".

Does anyone have first hand experience with TBAC on semi auto?

So I had the TBAC 30BA at the top of the list until the comment about not running it on AR's. 3 out of the 4 guns I want to run it in are AR's with the fourth being a Rem 700 LTR 308.

I could see myself doing several 3 shot bursts in rapid succession and going through a mag change in the process but no "mag dumps".

See Zack Smith's comments above (#7). He is TBAC.

The brake attachment on a 30 BA is pretty big and I wouldn't want it on an AR. If I was looking for a can to use on all 4 rifles I would go with a 30 PS direct thread and just use a thread adapter on the 223.

Take a look at the SAS cans too. I've run a Ti Arbiter from them for a year now and am really, really happy with it's performance. Very quiet, almost no POI change, it's light-weight, repeatable and my 6.5 Creed shoots 0.2 MOA all day with it on. I use the TOMB version and am switching it back and forth between my 6.5 Creed, a Rem .308 AAC-SD and am going to buy another TOMB for my AR to play around with. The SAS brakes are pretty small diameter so I'm not worried about how it looks on the end of thinner barreled rifles.

I'm not sure why there isn't more traffic/talk about SAS cans on this site, but I'm extremely pleased with mine. I was out the door, with the stamp for less than $1k. Ordered from Mile High. That's my $0.02 anyway. Good luck in your search.

Did you miss Zak Smith's reply? #7 Post. Zak is one of the owners of ThunderBeast and said you should be good to go without multiple mag dumps in a row on your semiauto. I have 3 ThunderBeast BA suppressors a feel they can't be beat for accuracy, repeatability, quality and should last a lifetime if taken care of. Good luck!

I've found a 30P-1 at a hole in the wall start up gun store 15 minutes from me. The owners belong to the same gun club as I do. I'm starting the paperwork next week. They e-file so with luck I'll get my Thunder Beast about the same time my Black Hole barrel arrives in mid July. This forum has been a huge help on this build!

Zak how short of barrel would you be comfortable running a 30ba or 30bas on a 308 ar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I see people posting all the time about possibly burning up Ti cans on semiautos. I have one that is used exclusively on semiautos. I don't see any way in hell I'd ever do any damage unless I got it glowing orange and it drooped or the welds turned loose. I'm old enough to be over all that mag dump nonsense and besides I can't afford the ammo to get mine more than lukewarm......