• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Multi-Purpose Bipod + Where to buy it?

commandernavi

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2012
Texas
Hi all,

I am planning on using an SPS Tactical AAC-SD in .308 as a basis for a long range rig that I plan to use both at the range and possibly for hunting. I am pretty set on a Harris, but I don't know which kind would work best with these applications taken into consideration.

Any recommendations would be welcome! Also, does anybody know of any places that have it on sale? I remember that Midway had a sale a while back where Harris bipods were only $59. Anything like that anywhere now? If not, is there any seasonal sale on these?

Thanks all!

Pricing is going to depend on which model Harris you're considering. Do you want swivel/non-swivel? How high do you want the extension range? Are you going to need any mounting accessories for your rifle setup? Is it shipping within the lower 48 states? I'd be happy to try to hook you up with a Harris bipod, but I need that info first so I know what I'm quoting.

Shoot me a PM or post what you're looking for here. I'll do my best to make it a solid deal.

Lonewolf is spot on. Add a KMW podloc to is and your golden. Unfortunately I don't know of any sales going on right now for the BRM-S. They typically go for $90-100.

Also check out Precision Rifle Solutions for a great tripod. I have a Large and a Medium and I find myself always using my Large. It's an awesome hunting tool.

For hunting and field use, you may consider the 9-13" version depending on terrain but I agree that swivel and notched legs are the way to go. I have a 6-9" notched leg, non swivel version I will be swapping out as soon as I can.

Update to all. I just bought the Harris bipod during the Midway sale and can hardly wait to get it in. Thank you all very much!!