• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MultiCam Dipped Stocks (Prefer McMillan A5)

Pusher591

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 18, 2009
    Gaston County
    I have searched and found some that have been dipped but not where they were dipped.

Found another thread that listed several companies that dip but no pictures so if you have one dipped please post a pic along with the company that was used.

Reason being is I have seen several different stocks who are MulitCam but the ratios are very diffrent so if I can find a company that has consistent color combos thats the one I will use. I like the MultiCam that has more browns in it. Would really like to see a A5 but what ever you got, lets see them.

Thanks in advance guys & gals.

Re: MultiCam Dipped Stocks (Prefer McMillan A5)

check out CRC Hydrographics

Big Joe beat me too it. CRC hydro makes some sweet multi camo patterns. These are from haley strategic pictures.

1ot640.jpg

2v9vpr8.jpg

Dipping is COOL.. Looks wise, but please be forewarned it's not a strong finish, think of it as a car paint job without the seal coats. If your looking for something more durable / permanent you might want to consider Duracoat and other products are made for us and our cleaning chemicals..

I’ve seen some GREAT things dipped, prices are reasonable, turnarounds are within 2-3 weeks, but unfortunately it only last so long on a firearm..

Best of luck to you thou..

Link

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big Joe beat me too it. CRC hydro makes some sweet multi camo patterns. These are from haley strategic pictures.

1ot640.jpg

2v9vpr8.jpg
    </div></div>

Blackops_2 do you know the colors in that? It is AWESOME!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Linkpimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dipping is COOL.. Looks wise, but please be forewarned it's not a strong finish, think of it as a car paint job without the seal coats. If your looking for something more durable / permanent you might want to consider Duracoat and other products are made for us and our cleaning chemicals..

I&#146;ve seen some GREAT things dipped, prices are reasonable, turnarounds are within 2-3 weeks, but unfortunately it only last so long on a firearm..

Link
    </div></div>

I have heard some companies do several coats of clear matte over the dip and it stands up very well. I will make sure before deciding on a company.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k9222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I have heard some companies do several coats of clear matte over the dip and it stands up very well. I will make sure before deciding on a company.
    </div></div>

I've read CRC's coats are very durable and i have no idea what colors are in it. But i know it's CRC's multi cam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k9222</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Linkpimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dipping is COOL.. Looks wise, but please be forewarned it's not a strong finish, think of it as a car paint job without the seal coats. If your looking for something more durable / permanent you might want to consider Duracoat and other products are made for us and our cleaning chemicals..

I&#146;ve seen some GREAT things dipped, prices are reasonable, turnarounds are within 2-3 weeks, but unfortunately it only last so long on a firearm..

Link
    </div></div>

</div></div>

Cool.. I just wanted to give you a heads up that the overall durability is the week link there.. I'm glad your on top of it.. sorry..

link..

We have a muli-cam molded in color that i'd love to show you, however i don't know how to post pictures up on this forum
    frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootToWin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a muli-cam molded in color that i'd love to show you, however i don't know how to post pictures up on this forum
    frown.gif
    </div></div>

Ryan,

My email is [email protected]

Please post or send pics because I will be dipping a A5 that I plan on buying.

use tinypic.com to post pics. its super easy.

My A5 stock was done by Lakota Ind. who are licensed by Crye to do the exact Multicam pattern as the material used in Crye's M/C military clothing. Some companies use the Multicam colors but not the exact pattern as used and patented by Crye. Hope this helps.

McMillan Camo

view.php

Hit up Todd at Manners.....

he will take good care of you.

30cal sniper here on the Hide.

I have also had several of mine dipped and they work well.

CRC's MultiCam is NICE.

Thats what I'm leaning towards. Still waiting on some more A5's.
    Anybody?

Listen. The dip is as durable as paint. I had my AICS done by Hondo over at freedomgrafix.com. He shot with 3 coats of clear. Id put it against any paint job $ for $. This was skins only. No ideas how durable it would be on a barreled action.

That is easily the best multi cam job I have ever seen.....I'm thinking my REPR would look great with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is easily the best multi cam job I have ever seen.....I'm thinking my REPR would look great with it. </div></div>

The CRC job? If so, yeah I agree. I can't wait to get my stock just so I can send it off to them.

I asked them how durable it was and they claim it's very durable...to a duracoat level. Travis Haley uses it some if that makes anyone feel better. I'm sure he doesn't use things that aren't durable.

Travis had like 20 things done in multi cam for his new school. he's rocking a TON of CRC stuff.

I had mine done by a company called Dip-N-Design in Wooster, OH. http://www.dipndesign.com/ They did an excellent job, and at a very fair price. One of the least expensive I could find, and very close to home.

Here's a link to pics of my rifle.

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads....661#Post2394661

Todd @ Manners painted the scope, and did a great job too. It looks unbelievable in person. The best multicam paint I've seen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Travis had like 20 things done in multi cam for his new school. he's rocking a TON of CRC stuff. </div></div>

Haha yeah he had the whole multi cam line done on ARs, M40s, etc. They have an awesome looking desert camo and their ATACs camo is probably my favorite pattern

I've had an AR and a McMillan stock water printed in multicam by Lakota Industries. They do a real good job and put several clear coats on top. That said, the finish was easily scratched and chipped while hunting. My son has a special talent for banging and knocking stuff and it showed. Cerakote is much tougher in my experience. The multicam looks beautiful and is reasonably tough, but bangs, scratches, and knocks will show up.

That CRC camo is quite possibly the most awesome I've ever seen

Here is a pic of multi cam on an AR which by the way is awesome and the ATACS i was talking about.
    2qw3fhy.jpg

2i8glzc.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the question is...a Safe queen or a field rifle?</div></div>

Hopefully it's durable. Cause it looks awesome. I will have to try it on one of my firearms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the question is...a Safe queen or a field rifle?</div></div>

It won't be a safe queen but I won't use it everyday. I will take it to LEO Sniper school and will take some schools with it. I'm getting married soon and REALLY wanted a full custom rifle before I took the plunge cause I don't see any rifles in the future, at least not full custom builds.

Call me what you want but I still like my stuff to look good and not like ass. If it gets scratched then it gets scratched. If the finish gets too bad just have it recoated or coated with another type of coating.

Does anyone know if the Multicam is available in a DIY kit?

All the DIY kits I have found dont offer Multicam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if the Multicam is available in a DIY kit?

All the DIY kits I have found dont offer Multicam.</div></div>

Did some searching myself but couldn't find any.

I would love a DIY Multicam dip kit but i couldn't find any either. Maybe if someone knew where we could just get the print we could get some.

Here is a pic of mine from a recent comp.
    The Multicam Cordura on the suppressor cover and my clothes should give you a good idea.
    DSCN4727.jpg

The Multicam on the stock and scope was dipped by Hydro-Dip using genuine Crye film.
    Another source that I would strongly recomend is Lakota-Industries.
    They were the first ones to hook up with Crye and do a great job.

Ispoke to a company that dips them then cerakote the stock in mate clear....that should hold put Ihave to wait for 4 weeks then Ill post pictures $50.00 for stock only and local boy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a pic of mine from a recent comp.
    The Multicam Cordura on the suppressor cover and my clothes should give you a good idea.
    DSCN4727.jpg

The Multicam on the stock and scope was dipped by Hydro-Dip using genuine Crye film.
    They were the first ones to hook up with Crye and do a great job.</div></div>

Hey Phil, what finish is that on the barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big Joe beat me too it. CRC hydro makes some sweet multi camo patterns. These are from haley strategic pictures.

1ot640.jpg

2v9vpr8.jpg
    </div></div>

Real quick, what stock is this? I've been looking for a name and where to buy this stock for a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apache</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big Joe beat me too it. CRC hydro makes some sweet multi camo patterns. These are from haley strategic pictures.

1ot640.jpg

2v9vpr8.jpg
    </div></div>

Real quick, what stock is this? I've been looking for a name and where to buy this stock for a while.

</div></div>

I believe that is a McMillan A1-3 with a modified buttstock to carry an extra mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a pic of mine from a recent comp.
    DSCN4727.jpg

They were the first ones to hook up with Crye and do a great job. </div></div>
    What color is your barreled action done in. It blends perfectly. Black ops beat me to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: unincsmr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apache</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big Joe beat me too it. CRC hydro makes some sweet multi camo patterns. These are from haley strategic pictures.

1ot640.jpg

2v9vpr8.jpg
    </div></div>

</div></div>

I believe that is a McMillan A1-3 with a modified buttstock to carry an extra mag. </div></div>

What bottom metal is that?

Found some pictures of a Multicam Dipped GAP Crusader.
    137190428.jpg

137190421.jpg

137190419.jpg

Crappy Cell Phone quality, but here is my LMT Dipped GAP Multi-Cam McMillan A5
    P1010720.JPG