• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing multicam gun painting

Re: multicam gun painting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Todd Jackson at Manners stocks can paint a mean Multicam</div></div>

Can you post a pic of a multicam paint job from Manners?

I would check with Brandon at Manners. Last I looked he was doing their custom jobs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RingSteel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Todd Jackson at Manners stocks can paint a mean Multicam</div></div>

Can you post a pic of a multicam paint job from Manners? </div></div>

This was done by Branden at Manners.

DSC_0835.jpg

I'm having a gun built by GAP and painted by Manners. I wanted the 6 color multi-cam, but Manners, for one reason or another, declined to do the job and said that I needed to pick something else. It struck me as kind of odd, especially since I didn't get a full explanation as to why they declined to do it.

You'll want to call ahead and see

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm having a gun built by GAP and painted by Manners. I wanted the 6 color multi-cam, but Manners, for one reason or another, declined to do the job and said that I needed to pick something else. It struck me as kind of odd, especially since I didn't get a full explanation as to why they declined to do it.

You'll want to call ahead and see </div></div>

Probably because its a crap load of work to apply all the stencils, do extensive masking on the female shapes, etc. Also, in the H-Series the repeated heating and cooling is hard on the stocks and some dont make it.

Manners is a top notch outfit, so, my guess is that they found most people dont want to pay for what it actually cost to do that much work, and they cant make money doing it, so they dont offer it anymore.

There are other and in my opinion better options than the multicam process using stencils. Here is an example.

480_Vacaville_PD_SWAT_Rem700_1.jpg

30calsniper (Todd Jackson) is the guy. Not sure if he's taking work at the moment, PM him directly to see.

There are actually 7 colors in multicam. And it's a very labor-intensive pattern to get right. Used to take me three full days to complete an MC pattern on one rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RingSteel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Todd Jackson at Manners stocks can paint a mean Multicam</div></div>

Can you post a pic of a multicam paint job from Manners? </div></div>

This was done by Branden at Manners.

DSC_0835.jpg
</div></div>

What color is the metal on this rifle? I really like it

There are three O.D. Green's in Cerakote H-Series, O.D. Green, Mil-Spec O.D. Green and Mil Spec Green, listed from lightest to darkest.

This look like Mil-Spec green to me from the photo. Here is a photo of Mil-Spec Green on an AR SBR upper for comparison

480_Tomahawk_458_SOCOM_SBR_Upper_OSS_3.jpg

Recently started messing around with digital and multicam tytpe finishes on my latest build. Trying to blend in my area which is most grass. I see that many are trying to copy the MC to a tee which is nice but in my experience the colors dont match were I am so I ued a bit different approach.

This looks like hell in person but at a distance it does very well. The digital I did using the same colors is simply amazing at making the skins disappear too.

Here are a few pics.

IMG_5818A.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5817.jpg