• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Multicam on rifle stock?

jwf100p

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2011
Quincy,IL
What would be the best way to get multicam camo on a stock? Is dipping it the only way? I know I could get it painted but I want something as durable as ceracoat or dura coat. What are my options?

Re: Multicam on rifle stock?

I have a rifle stock that has been hydro dipped.. it has an automotive grade clear coat on it...I has held up extremely well...most places that do the hydro dipping I believe use an automotive clear.. I know cerakote has a clear coat but I have no experience with it.

Have ShortBus paint it Multicam, end of story. It will look better and be a more durable finish then Hydro dipping.

I had my rifle stock painted by Todd Jackson in multicam , it is a work of art and is holding up very well. Todd goes by 30calsniper on here.

Mike

IMO, there is nothing sexier than a rifle in multicam. I am going to have my .458 SOCOM done in multicam soon.

ive done many in duracoat...never done multi cam tho...marpat cadpat realtree a few others...feel free to PM me your e mail i can send some pics if ya like

Hydro dip all the way... my 300win surgeon scalpel

surgeon4_zpsf0d40886.jpg

There are a lot of claims of guys that can do Multicam, and a lot of guys that can do a pretty good job (that you might be happy with)...but saying that someone can do it BETTER is a bold statement that hinges completely on personal preference.
The only reason I'd have someone do paint job is if I was going for a special color palette like a desert version.

Dip it and use Cerakotes NEW clear coat. Their claim is that it's THE MOST durable clear coat in the world.
Anything else is just a valiant effort.

It'll be a couple months but what are the approximate prices of dipping and cerakote paint jobs? I'll be getting my Manners stock a multi cam finish when I get it.

We have a fella just north of Anchorage that is doing awesome hydro dipping, on all sorts of things, and my first question was how it holds up compared to McM factory paint jobs. The clear coat and cerecoat's new product would certainly seem to cover the issue.

Always been a huge fan of the blended in colors/came/swirly--but the stock on that gun just about is a knock out.