• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Multiple can purchase, Avoid this problem.

B y r o n

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2004
Western Kentucky
So back it October I put 3 cans in NFA prison. Being lazy I decided to charge the NFA fees instead of writing a check. A month later I get a call from the gun shop regarding a problem. They said NFA said my CC number was bad. I read them the credit card number I used and it appears that a number got transposed when the shop wrote it down on the paperwork. It worked perfect fine when paying for the cans but was scanned at that time. Fast forward to December 23 and the NFA charged off two of my cans. Shortly afterward I get notified by my bank asking if I authorized the charges because there were two identical charges to the NFA for $200. Of course I replied yes but there was still no 3rd charge. So a couple of days ago, now January, I was again contacted by my gun shop, the ATF NFA now want a check because they were unable to complete the third charge.

Instead of charging my card the $600 for 3 cans they processed each one individually. When I went to the shop and talked to them said if I wrote a check it would have been just one for the $600. I guess the AFT NFA figured they could use my CC charge as a way to delay my approval. Instead of placing a single $600 charge they tried to make 3 identical charges which triggered my banks fraud protection.

So you would think that I'm going to get 2 can approved before the last but my feelings are that since they were submitted together that they are going to wait for my check before proceeding with processing. Time will tell.

The reason for posting this is to warn those that may be purchasing more than a single can to pay the NFA fee with check and not charge them to avoid this type of delay.