• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Multiple loads on one optic

danatkins

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
Maybe I'm thinking about this too much.
I've got 3 loads for my 6.5 creedmoor and wanting to zero for one then use offset to adjust so I don't have to rezero.
Should I zero for the slowest or fastest one as my base zero?

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much.
I've got 3 loads for my 6.5 creedmoor and wanting to zero for one then use offset to adjust so I don't have to rezero.
Should I zero for the slowest or fastest one as my base zero?
Assuming your scope has a zero stop. Provided your faster load had a higher point of impact with the same sight setting you'd zero with that then set your stop. Your slower rounds you'd measure the offset (should be lower than your chosen zero load) and record that data.

Most ballistic calculator apps have the ability to record an offset and will give you that difference in a calculation.

I was thinking backwards so I've got my fastest load zeroed so just record offset for my practice load and hunting load right?

Yes, given the practice load is slower/lower point of impact you'd be dialing up to "zero" for that. If using for example Strelok Pro and had both loads entered properly you'd see the offset as part of the solution.

Example:
offset.pngsolution.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Supersubes
Yeah that's what I use I was just getting tangled up on which direction I needed to go