• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Multiple Zero's with PMII

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
Probably a dunb question. But I just want to hear discussion on this topic. There is likely only one way to go about it. I have an S&B PMII 5-25x56 on my DT SRS. It is a switch barrel, obviously, and I have a 338LM and 308 barrel for it. The scope will be used for both. What would be the simplest way to manage 2 distinct zeroes for the scope? Obviously, I can set the zero for one barrel, and determine/record the difference for the other and then set it when I switch, and base adjustments from there. Is this the best way to go about it?

Re: Multiple Zero's with PMII

fine point paint pen, mark whichever one you will be shooting the most at your Zero( the knob position) with one color and the other barrel with the other color, and dial back as needed

For our secondary calibers we build the impact shift into the data table itself. This is the most failsafe way that we can discovered to ensure that you don't forget to dial in the impact shift.

I have created a very slick data-card specifically for the SRS with two calibers.

That is good. I had considered marking the turret, but I would have to use the correct one for the baseline zero, so the zero stop doesnt interfere. Multi colors would be simple. Thanks

Im assuming you have a 100 yd zero for both barrels. The 338 is going to be lower than the 308, i would set the scope zero stop for the 338 and then dial up for the 308 and mark the 308 and have the zero stop 4 or 5 clicks under your 338 zero

Thinking out loud. It would be simple to have the 2nd zero marked with a paint pen, but have my dope cards be based on the same zero. That way, I could always reference the turrets actual zero when dialing come ups. Rather than dialing iff the second, marked zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For our secondary calibers we build the impact shift into the data table itself. This is the most failsafe way that we can discovered to ensure that you don't forget to dial in the impact shift.

I have created a very slick data-card specifically for the SRS with two calibers. </div></div>

How could I get one of those, sir?

SR90,

Is the data card for .338 and .308 available to DTA SRS owners?
What bullet weights, etc., are represented?

Neil, thanks a ton. That will really help me get started. I have thousands of 155 Scenars, and your data is for the 167's, so I will have to adjust.

Would you mind sharing the load for the 250 gr 338 data? Is it factory stuff or do you have time to roll your own?

Either way, thanks for the data. I will modify and use it. Awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For our secondary calibers we build the impact shift into the data table itself. This is the most failsafe way that we can discovered to ensure that you don't forget to dial in the impact shift.

I have created a very slick data-card specifically for the SRS with two calibers. </div></div>

I assume, from looking at the data, you are simply rezeroing when you switch from 308 to 338LM? And then dialing come ups from a true zero for that barrel?

No, you change the table for example if your impact shift is 1.25 MOA up and .5 right then your 100 yard zero for that caliber will say Elevation 1.25 and windage 0.5, and all the numbers down the table get shifted by the impact shift. For example if your 1000 yard dope is normally 24 MOA with the modified table the card says 1000 yards is 25.3 MOA which is the result of the dope added with the impact shift. This give you the capability to ignore impact shift in total and just dial to the number that the card tells you to.

Thanks SR90. That is exactly what I need. Makes great sense and is exactly how I will set mine up.

I am getting some 308 loaded up, in new cases, and plan to see how well it shoots with the little barrel on it.