• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Musical scopes

michael_aos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Pulled a Falcon 5-25x56mm off the Benjamin Marauder. Have a Bushnell 4-12x44mm FFP to replace it with, but trying to find some lower dovetail rings in 30mm than the Sportsmatch High I was using.

Pulled a Falcon 5-25x50mm off the Savage Mk II TRRSR (threaded) and replaced it with a Bushnell 6-24x50mm FFP. Kept the same Seekins low rings.

Pulled a Premier 5-25x56mm off the Remington 700 SPS Tactical .223. Replacing it with a Super Sniper 5-20x.

Then finally putting the Premier 5-25x56mm on a Remington 700 in 260 Remington. Had this gun built a couple years ago, but decided I wasn't really happy with the ~.299" neck.

From what I've been reading though, this may be ideal for use with the Lapua 260 Remington brass, so I'm going to give that a try.
--

Re: Musical scopes

I've got an IOR 3-18x42mm "Snipers hide". I think it's a 2nd generation (purchased 5/08). Came with Seekins 35mm rings.

I've also got an SWFA SS 5-20x50mm. Multiple sets of 30mm rings, including a 30mm Larue LT-104.

I have a couple rifles without scopes, including an Armalite AR-10 in 260 Remington.

In using the IOR in the past, it's been my impression that the reticle seems especially large when I crank it up to 18x. The upshot of that is that it's very usable even down at 6x. The IOR also has a reputation for a short, unforgiving eye-relief, although I can't say I've ever really had a problem with it. I am a big fan of the modified MP-8 A5 reticle.

The question is whether I spend another ~$200 on a 35mm LT-158 (and stick the Seekins rings in the parts drawer, or try to sell them) so I can mount the IOR on the AR-10, or just stick the IOR & Seekins rings on something else and put the SWFA SS 5-20x on the AR-10 with the 30mm LT-104 I already have?

Re: Musical scopes

If you want to get that IOR onto a flat top, look at the Badger rail, it has 22 moa built in. Then you can use the Seekins rings, provided they're not too high.

Triad