• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Brake Applications.

Just Chuck

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Aug 16, 2018
    Colorado
    I'm guessing my question will fit the 'stupid question' criteria, so here goes.

I have a Lil' Bastard brake for my 308 and was wondering about putting that on a 6.5CM. There is more than enough bore clearance, so are there any other issues, safety-wise, performance-wise (will that be effective at all on the 6.5CM)? Is this something is done?

it won't be quite as effective, but there is no "danger". the difference in recoil vs a 6.5CM brake can be surprising small, but all brakes are not the same.

Reactions: Just Chuck
    Thanks for the reply, info, and link. Since I have one on hand (308 brake), I'll give it a try and see if it a noticeable, significant difference. What I would hope to achieve is to better stay on target during/after recoil.

Thanks for the reply, info, and link. Since I have one on hand (308 brake), I'll give it a try and see if it a noticeable, significant difference. What I would hope to achieve is to better stay on target during/after recoil.
    since it is nearly as effective as one specific to 6.5CM based on that article testing (97%), it should work very well.

Reactions: Just Chuck