• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Brake for a 308

aznmistborn

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2019
I've built a pretty light AR-10 in 308, and I was wondering what's the "best" brake out there for reducing recoil?
It's got a 2A X4 brake/comp on it right now.

you can see many are very similar (from Lug Nut's link).
i am also running a surefire, although it is a version that accepts a surefire suppressor. (same as the M40A6)

308-brakes-chart2.jpg

Are you ever going to run suppressed? If so, pick your suppressor and run the brake from that maker...

Reactions: MPrimo
Suppressor!

Ive used the recoil eliminator and like it, but wow does it look funky...

Reactions: theLBC
I'm running a few Surefire WarComps.
It does a really good job,hardly any muzzle climb or flash.

I'm not seeing this cooley brake? Just that weird recoil eliminator
Sorry about the confusion. JP's website has some odd navigation (ie; hidden). The text along the top just below the picture all open different tabs. Click on "Large Profile" for the Cooley brakes.

1588824185729.png

I've built a pretty light AR-10 in 308, and I was wondering what's the "best" brake out there for reducing recoil?
It's got a 2A X4 brake/comp on it right now.
A light ar-10? Under 20 pounds? 😜

I have run the Surefire and Precision Armament. Both worked. I like my Surefire but it is on a 7.62x39 bolt gun which does not really need it. But it feels like a .22. The Precision Armament was on a 338 Win Mag and worked well.

Dont know about OP, but my AR10 comes in right at 7lbs without an optic, around 8.5 with my Weaver tactical 2-10x36 scope installed. They can be made pretty light nowadays.
yeah light! Mine is 6lbs without an optic rn