• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle brake for M24 profile barrel

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Any suggestions for something to fit close to seamlessly on an M24 profile barrel? Its about .91" at the edge right before the threads. Don't like that 90 degree edge sticking out on its on. Would suck to get a knick on it.
I like the looks of the Apa little bastard so something similar would be cool.
Any suggestions? Its a 223 not sure if that matters. I am new to the world of brakes on a bolt gun.

Here is one on a 26" m24 profile barrel for reference:

PXL_20220406_043547437.jpg

Reactions: jLorenzo
The Patriot Valley Arms Jet4 fits good on an M24 profile. Here's a pic of one on my 6.5 Creedmoor M24 barrel. Cropped pic so not very clear but gives an idea. They also are an excellent brake for recoil reduction and they send the blast more away from the shooter. With a .223 you won't need a lot of that but it helps. Also don't worry about getting a caliber specific. I actually run an older PVA Mad Scientist .30 brake on my .223 and it works fine. You could even get away with a standard Jet Blast brake as it's the same but with 3 ports instead of 4. @bohem Josh from PVA is here on the site if any questions.

IMG_1035 (2).jpg

Some advice? Get a self timing brake. You will be happy you did.