• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Muzzle brake for proof barrels

Tiger83

Proud Father
Minuteman
May 25, 2017
South Alabama
I want a muzzle brake that looks good on a proof cf sendero barrel, but I don't know what to choose. I need it to tame a 300wm. Tell me what you use and include a pic if possible. Thank you.

Last edited:
1_1024x1024.jpg

3_1024x1024.jpg

I don't have pictures but we used a Hardy Titanium brake on a Proof CF barrel and loved it.. Why spend the money to drop weight on the barrel and then add it back in the brake. Riverman Gunworks had them last time i checked.

It comes down to cost per ounce. You can take my 5 port Beast brakes and turn them down for a flush fit on a Proof CF barrel and they are under 4oz. I haven't found a brake that reduces more recoil on a 300wm much less one even close to the same price. A Ti brake is nice and will weigh roughly 55% of a steel/stainless brake but it won't be cheap. So that 1.5oz or so of weight savings will likely be 100.00 to 150.00.