• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle brake for Tikka T3X CTR?

azrifleman

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2020
I've just picked a Tikka T3X Stainless CTR 24” 6.5CM rifle. It seems that APA's little bastard is a quite popular choice for a muzzle brake on 6.5 CM, but I also saw multiple threads recommending Area 419 Hellfire and PA Hypertap. Is anyone here running any of those on their 6.5CM Tikka's? What are the pros and cons?

Never used anything but Area 419 Hellfire on mine.

a brake needs to do 3 things; mitigate recoil, minimize concussion and allow you to maintain sight picture.

Just got my CTR last week and put a PVA Jet Blast on it. Recoil mitigation made the 6.5cm feel like my gas Grendel and I also didn’t notice any concussive wave. No impressions about maintaining a sight picture as I stayed at the 100 yd line, but I don’t anticipate it being an issue at distance.

IME the APA seems to work the best. That being said, the Heathen is nice because you don't need a wrench to get it off.

If you don't shoot suppressed, APA Lil Bastard. If you shoot suppressed as well as braked, the Heathen gets my vote.

The Heathen also has the changeable inserts, if you decide to change calibers...

The hellfire was to obnoxious for me. I sold it quickly. It wasn’t as bad as the MPA brake. One shot double plugged with that thing on was enough. Brutal. The PVA brake isn’t too bad when double plugged.