• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Muzzle brake/ QD mount and their affect on accuracy.

Ksheff

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2018
My Sandman-S should be out of jail soon. It will spend most of its time on my 300blk AR, but I’d like to put a mount on my T3x as well.

The rifle is primarily for hunting, but not every state I hunt in is suppressor legal. This means the rifle should see equal amounts of time suppressed and non-suppressed.

The can comes with a DeadAir brake. I’m not super interested in wearing hearing protection during a hunt so I ordered a JMAC zero KeyMo mount.

Looking over the stock photos, I noticed the muzzle end seems to be cut square to the barrel with no crown. what effect, if any, will this have on the accuracy of the rifle?

When switching from a little bastard brake to the Q cherry bomb, I witnessed approximately a 1 mil shift to the right, but no change in group size. That said, adding any weight to the end of your barrel "can" affect the harmonics of the barrel and make the rifle/ammunition shoot differently/less well. We really can't tell you- you have to shoot the rifle and find out...

My Dead Air brakes have had no impact on accuracy with the few rounds I’ve put through them without a suppressor mounted. I would count on a POI shift, though. I have had 1 rifle out of many I’ve owned that wend from half moa groups to about 2 moa when adding any suppressor, I did not try it with just the brake. That rifle was quickly sold to a friend who does not own suppressors.