• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

muzzle brake recomendations

setwork

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
North Florida
I just picked up a rem.700 with a 1" threaded Leija barrel in 308. I will be shooting the 175 gr. mostly. any suggestions?

Been searching and am looking at the little jimmy or the one from muzzelbrakesandmore. I have shot with and without and belive the recoil reduction greatly helps my groups.
Any others worth looking at or am I on the right track?

I just put an APA Fat basturd on my 338 norma it was a big improvement over the other one had. don't know how it would work on a smaller cal

Elite Iron makes a nice one. Will time up so you can attach without shims and use a thread on can too (which he can also time, here for vertical shift). You can get 'em both with or without wrench flats for easy removal. The ones for smaller calibers, smaller than .50 I mean, look like they'd work quite well.

I went this way in .50BMG myself, on a DTA HTI, but I can't speak as to recoil reduction vs. the DTA brake since I sent the barrel in for work before I fired it (which I still haven't yet!). Anyway, I've heard that the Elite Iron brake is superior to the factory DTA brake, fwiw. But I don't know from experience, I had to change it out if I wanted to switch from brake to can which I intended from the start.

i pick up a jec for my 308 and like it a lot, its not real big and bulky but does an excellent job at reducing recoil.

Plus 1 on the fat bastard. I am currently running one on my 308. It has the recoil of 223.

After watching the video the APA has on YouTube of a 338 fired with no one holding it, I was sold. I had a Little Fat Bastard installed on my 6.5CM and a Little Jimmy on my 6XC. The biggest disappointment was the AI brake that was on my AE in 308, it didn't seem to do much.

I have used Badger thruster, JP, Holland and Surefire and they are all great. The Badger Thruster tames my .338 Lapua just fine.

I have and like a JEC. But if you want the option to run a QD suppressor, the JEC will not work. You did not mention if a can was in your future.

Call Jered at APA. Little bastard all the way for 308 family of calibers. They will contour it to your barrel also. Do not shoot next to your friends or you will no longer be friends. It does work great but they are correctly named for the noise. Brock

I have a Center shot clamp on muscle brake on my DTA 300WM barrel. Could shoot the rifle all day.