• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Brake

texan79423

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2020
Recommend me a good brake for my savage 10T in 6.5 creedmoor and a vendor supplying them, please.

There are a number of self-timing muzzle brakes available that make installation a lot easier. This is the one I've used for a while now and am very happy with it.

Reactions: Rob01

Midwest industries 2 chamber brake...$40

take the $100 you saved and buy more ammo.

These are great brakes, especially for this price. They are .885 diameter so maybe a little less effective then a 419 hellfire, but also less concussion back to shooter. 308 is sold out & 6.5's aren't going to last long at this price.

1592663662782.png

Reactions: Tono
Area 419 or Altus for the Heathen brake.
I have a Heathen on my 260 and it’s so pleasurable to shoot, mild recoil and not as blasty as a lot of other brakes.

The Area419 sidewinder on my 7mm is very effective but nasty to he sides and impressive in an enclowed firing area.

I’ve bought a few Heathens from OTM Tactical. Beautifully finished and very effective.
Area 419 Sidewinder is another excellent brake. Might as well purchase direct from them.

The Insite Arms Heathen 4-port is a great brake.

I own or have used the following on 6 and 6.5 calibers and have determined that the Heathen is preferred:

Piercision Rifle 5-port
APA Lil Bastard
APA Fat Bastard
Area 419 Hell Fire
TB CB Brake

Last edited:
I'm liking the Area419 Hellfire.. Got two.. looking for another soon..
Brien

I love my hellfire brake, I also have their adapter for my sandman and it makes swapping back and forth a breeze.

These are great brakes, especially for this price. They are .885 diameter so maybe a little less effective then a 419 hellfire, but also less concussion back to shooter. 308 is sold out & 6.5's aren't going to last long at this price.

View attachment 7355530
Ordered one thanks for the info.

I have a 4 port Heathen that should be arriving today, hopefully I can run some rounds through it this weekend and see how it does.

There are a number of self-timing muzzle brakes available that make installation a lot easier. This is the one I've used for a while now and am very happy with it.

Used a couple other PVAs in the past and a couple months ago got the Jet 4 and have one on a .308 and one going on a 6.5 and the .308 brake works great! Cuts recoil a lot and makes spotting hits and fast follow up shots easy.

I just ordered a Live Oak Accuracy Delta by Scott Weichel. I wanted a MB&M Ti but...