• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Muzzle brake

miscexpense

Never stop learning
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
Alabama
I’ve noticed my 7.62 can still allows significant recoil. Has anyone used a harvester or the new area 419 that has the built in brake. If so, is the combination worth the investment?

Are you asking if a brake inside of the suppressor helps recoil? If so than no. But if you wanna shoot unsupressed, its nice to be able to screw off the can and have muzzle brake control.

Sorry, should have been more clear. Sico harvester, and the 419 maverick both have muzzle brakes at the end. I’m wondering if it helps the recoil at all. My rugged suppressor still allows a lot of felt recoil. Between the recoil and poi shift, I’m looking to get a separate can for PRS

Brakes will help recoil and it will matter more when you're shooting off barricades. Its why 419 created the maverick suppressor. I use to shoot suppressed in matches but the advantage of the brake was enough for me to go brake only.

Try to double up on ear pro as it helpes against flinch. Lastly, just go shoot a match with what you have and ask about others gear. They may let you shoot it to see if its worth it to you.