• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Brake ?

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2006
Deer Park, Texas
Building a 22 Creedmoor gas gun and a 5/8x24 threaded muzzle brake designed for 22 caliber is proving to be hard to find. Looking for suggestions and ideas for a 22 caliber brake with 5/8x24 threads.

Reactions: 30378

That's just a few that I found

Reactions: 30378
22 creed may just be the underkin of all the wildcats. Would make a nice AR addition!

I like the deadair series

Multiple tests have shown that having an exit hole a little larger really doesn’t change the recoil impulse. Don’t overlook Kahntrol brakes over at stoprecoil.com

you could use a 6.5CM muzzle device (.26 caliber), that's closer than a 308 muzzle device. e.g. the VG6 Gamma 65.

I like the PWS FSC brakes, had a 14x1LH that worked amazing on a 308 zastava M77. Had one on my 6.5cm AR10 build before using a can

Why the hell would anyone thread a 22 cal barrel 5/8 x 24 in the first damn place?
I thought 1/2 x 28 was a standard to keep screwups from happening.

Last edited:
Why the hell would anyone thread a 22 cal barrel 5/8 x 24 in the first damn place?
I thought 1/2 x 28 was a standard to keep screwups from happening.
oversize threading isn't uncommon on heavy barrel profiles that are designed for accuracy above all other considerations. The primary cited reason is to prevent "belling" of the bore near the muzzle where it can open up fractionally.

Reactions: Snuby642
Precision rifle blog posted a long blog on muzzle brakes, he did a great write up on them. I believe APA little bastard did the best, then Alamo, and area 419. I think you'd be fine with any that have been mentioned in this thread.