• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Brakes...

cbosshog79

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2009
Henderson County, Texas
I have a couple of rifles that I would like to have brakes put on but I am not very familiar with what works well and looks good while doing it. Without spending alot of money what would you guys recommend for rifles rangind from a .308, 7WSM, and a 300 Ultra Mag. I would like something "tactical" looking but may just go with a vias as that is about all I have seen.

If anyone has any pictures I would greatly appreciate it...

Re: Muzzle Breaks...

i'd start out by searching for muzzle <span style="font-style: italic">brakes</span> instead of muzzle <span style="font-style: italic">breaks</span>. i'd not be very happy if my muzzle broke.
wink.gif

have heard good things about the Badger Thruster and the FTE brakes, but have never used them. I like the look of a Thruster better than the FTE. But I went with a vias and I am very happy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'd start out by searching for muzzle <span style="font-style: italic">brakes</span> instead of muzzle <span style="font-style: italic">breaks</span>. i'd not be very happy if my muzzle broke.
wink.gif
</div></div>

3500acg.jpg

What do you intend to use the BRAKE for? Is to to be integral to a can? Or just a BRAKE?

I have a FTE and a thruster. The thuster is more low on a .308 and works well and the FTE on a 300wm is more affective but a little bulky!!
IMG_0620.jpg

P1010773.jpg

The SureFire muzzle brakes work extremely well. There are online videos showing the muzzle control and discussing other benefits such as drastically reduced side/back blast.

There is also a recent thread on this forum about SureFire brakes.

They accept SureFire suppressors and are in use by many US forces (hard to get more tactical than that).

Mike

IMO, the 2 best brakes on the market are the Tubb brakes and the Bastard brakes. The Tubb and Little Bastard brakes are good for the 308 size cases. The Fat Bastard brakes are awesome for the magnum and ultra mag cases. I can not stand the Vias brake. If you shoot prone, you will be wearing and tasting anything that's on the ground. I don't think it is very effective as other brakes on recoil.

If you want a really good clamp-on brake and want to support a fellow hide member look at the Roedale Muzzlebrake thread in the Group Buy section. If you have the funds this is a good way to go, but thats just my opinion.