• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle brakes

Hattrick

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2014
Needing to reduce my recoil what’s a good one? pushing those 156’s out of my 6.6-284 are pounding me like a win mag

Shouldn't be that much recoil. How heavy is the rig?

Any of the big names are good, want a 3+ port brake. ... APA, Area419, Heathen, PVA etc.

I really like the APA Gen 3 Fat Bastard as a big brake.

Area 419 and APA Gen 3's, I've both on my rifles. They reduce recoil enough to see your hits.

Lots of good ones out there these days. Preference with most people is a self timing brake - less gunsmith work and easy to swap between barrels.

My personal preference is the Insite Arms Heathen as I think it's the most refined out of the bunch, but there are other good options as well. PVA jetblast/mad scientist, Area 419 hellfire/sidewinder, APA bastard brakes, etc.

Lots of good ones out there these days. Preference with most people is a self timing brake - less gunsmith work and easy to swap between barrels.

My personal preference is the Insite Arms Heathen as I think it's the most refined out of the bunch, but there are other good options as well. PVA jetblast/mad scientist, Area 419 hellfire/sidewinder, APA bastard brakes, etc.
84B8C947-B886-4327-AE4E-CEB69E621545.jpeg

Reactions: acudaowner
Shouldn't be that much recoil. How heavy is the rig?

i wouldn’t think either with it weighing 18 or so pounds. It’s a heavy rig A-5 sniper fill with a 27” heavy palm barrel you run 20-30 rounds thru it your getting sore. I guess it’s the fact I’m running heavy sour of it I have a Suppressor in jail I hope it seems a little

Best price is also the best break
Just not silencer adaptable and so for that reason I chose the 419 system because I only shoot with a can.

Reactions: Steel head
PVA Jet4 brake will cut that recoil and direct blast more away from shooter. I have one on my 6.5 Creedmoor and .308 and they work great.

IMG_0747.jpg

Insite Heathen for sure. Could try out one of their new 4 or 5 port brakes too.

Is that a tuner too?

Yes it is the Kinetic Security Solutions ATS tuner. Just got it a few weeks ago so still testing it out but very positive results so far.

Keep me posted on how that works out. When browning came out with the boss system years ago we tuned a bunch of those for a few guys, impressed was a understatement. We had 2 stalker hunters 1 was 300 wsm and the other 338 that we tuned to a consistent 3/8 gun kinda crazy for a off shelf hunting rig. I can see it’s a place for a tuner in The Percision game

Reactions: Rob01
I have an Area 419's Hellfire on my 300 RUM. It's my mountain rifle that's around 10lbs. There's 90 grains of powder behind a 220 eldx. It's makes it manageable. Enough so that I can put 50 rounds downrange in a session.

Honestly though any of the popular brands are gonna be leaps and bounds better than without. Good luck with your choice!