• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Muzzle break/can type hybrid thingy

BapZander

Private
Banned !
To Start, I have no technical knowledge of the various parameters (decibel mitigation, recoil reduction, internal pressures, durability etc.) involved in what I am asking...

What I would like is a muzzle break ( don't know what else to call it) that also 'suppresses" the side effect of a muzzle break. In a perfect world, I would like some recoil reduction, sound suppression and flash hiding - in that order - Ideally in a 1.5"x3" or so package.

As mentioned - I guess I'd call it a muzzle break, without the "side effects"...

Is something like this possible?

Re: Muzzle break/can type hybrid thingy

First time I ever took a digital photo of my computer screen.

I had to.....nobody would believe it otherwise...now, with a change of pants, my day can continue...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..

First time I ever took a digital photo of my computer screen.

I had to.....nobody would believe it otherwise...now, with a change of pants, my day can continue...

</div></div>

Most people just use "Print Screen" then paste it into a photo editing program.

Wouldn't have caught the coffee that came out of my nose.....

Nice - glad you wet your pants.

If I had asked for a 1x10 scope you probably would have exploded.

Honest question - bad answer with no information as to why something like this wouldn't work. Thanks.

Your asking for a short suppressor? Thats what Im reading

What caliber are you planning on shooting?

That could make a pretty big difference in the equipment needed and how it performs.

I have not personally seen a suppressor under about 3" that works well for any kind of large round but there may be a few around.

When it comes to muzzle breaks, on the calibers that really need them, they have to be loud and open to work well and a suppressor won't do the same job. For example I was testing out some 50 caliber rifles, a Barrett with a muzzle break had a mid range recoil pulse but was loud as anything. A much heavier AI 50 that was suppressed was a lot quieter, but kicked like a horse.

On a .308 type round, a good suppressor would give you a bit of recoil reduction, but mostly what you would get is much less overpressure wave (that you get from a muzzle break) and you would probably find it easier to keep your target picture through the scope for faster follow ups. On a .223 type round a good suppressor is very impressive.

I don't want to come across as too much of a language Nazi, but when you're driving, I hope your brakes don't break.
Also that pressure doesn't breach your breech.

For 9MM pistols, Coastal or somebody like that makes an itsy can, monocore baffle, with wipes, intended to be shot wet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wicked Weapons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something like a Krink brake/Noveske KX3?

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imc...ce=&status= </div></div>

Noveske KX3, increases backpressure and recoil. Great for redirecting, with consequences.
Krinckoff increases backpressure and no recoil reduction.

As close to that which he describes is the "LMM moderator."

http://www.autoweapons.com/photosv/coltmoderator.html

Didn't the LMM have internal spaces/baffles and reduce sound by like 1-2db? Wasn't it eventually tagged as a suppressor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Noveske KX3, increases backpressure and recoil. Great for redirecting, with consequences.</div></div>

Nothing wrong with a cyclic rate increase, just add a heavier buffer. KX3 works very well for what it was designed to do.Great on 10.5" and 7.5" uppers.

A favorite, no doubt, if the can isn't on, the Noveske is. However "I would like some recoil reduction, sound suppression and flash hiding " isn't going to happen.

003qql.jpg

Shortest,fattest can I know of. Caliber being used would be a helpful tidbit.

Thanks for the info - and rolling isn't the first person thats had coffee come out his nose from my hairbrained ideas...

I just picked up a Rem AAC-SD .308, and of course daydreaming, and I thought - what if an AAC 762 was cut in half (not literally but conceptually..) - what would it do. I guess I would be happy with a ~10db reduction in sound and a minimal reduction in recoil, without having another pound and 8" hanging on the end of the barrel.

Not sure anyone else would want something like this, but what the heck.

AAC made a 5.56 half-a-can previously, called it the "Runt" but I don't think it ever went into production. Looked similar to the re-bar cutter they sell to .mil.

Tornado Technologies makes a very nice fat/short can in .308 called the "Stubby." This might be what you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wicked Weapons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC made a 5.56 half-a-can previously, called it the "Runt" but I don't think it ever went into production. Looked similar to the re-bar cutter they sell to .mil.

Tornado Technologies makes a very nice fat/short can in .308 called the "Stubby." This might be what you want. </div></div>
The "Stubby" is actually made by Delta P Designs. It is called the Brevis. They are exactly what you are looking for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wicked Weapons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't the LMM have internal spaces/baffles and reduce sound by like 1-2db? Wasn't it eventually tagged as a suppressor? </div></div>

If it reduces report of a firearm..... it's a suppressor.