• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Break/Comp and scope rings help...

cundiff5535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2012
Mokena IL
Hey guys, can you help me choose a set of scope rings? I have a 308 rifle that I have a VV PST 6-24x50 scope I will add. I can not use a uni-mount so I need a good set of rings. Anyone have any thoughts on what rings to use?

Secondly, I would like to add a break to the rifle. I was thinking of going with one of the two:

SJC Titan Compensator, .308 | LaRue Tactical

or

Clamp On Muzzle Brake Clamp-On Muzzle Brake [MB1] - $89.00 : Witt Machine

Currently my Barrel is not threaded but, thats a very easy fix! cost will be zero out of my pocket as a local smith owes me a favor.

Can anyone give me some thoughts on either of the two? Any other comps that would be nice? I am going to be shooting the rifle off a bench or bipod... having fun at the range, etc...

Thanks,
Bobby

Get some Seekins Precision rings. Or Vortex Precision rings. They are the same seekins makes them for vortex.
For brakes APA little bastard or JP Enterprise's Benny Cooley. I just don't trust clamp on brakes, get your barrel threaded.