• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

muzzle break options

SuburbanHick

SOF338
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2011
somewhere wearing camo (tx?)
I am having a barrel made... im going with a break on it..... I like the surefire, and also the APA little or fat bastard turned down to the barrel contour... any thoughts.....

its going on a .308 and i have no intention of running a can on it what so ever

Re: muzzle break options

The gunsmith that I have been using really like the Holland's Radial Baffle Muzzle Brake. the breaks are actually curved inside to reduce turbulence in the gasses and simply redirect them, very cool design. Not supper flashy just plan and very effective. When I re-barrel my rifle my rifle I will be putting one of these on on my rifle! Happy shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shawscar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The gunsmith that I have been using really like the Holland's Radial Baffle Muzzle Brake. the breaks are actually curved inside to reduce turbulence in the gasses and simply redirect them, very cool design. Not supper flashy just plan and very effective. When I re-barrel my rifle my rifle I will be putting one of these on on my rifle! Happy shooting. </div></div>

Have first hand experience with this brake on a Rem 700 in 300win mag. The brake is incredible as I was able to watch the holes being formed in paper at 100 yards it worked that well. You wouldn't be dissatisfied I'm sure one bit.

To note though if you go with the radial baffle you most likely will have to have your gunsmith taper it to your match your barrel. But not an issue that is of too much concern.

When you jet gasses out each side it has to go somewhere, I just view it when I'm beside another shooter with a brake as part of the experience. Be a Pro and live it, same as noise, recoil and brass going down your shirt. Some matches won't let you shoot a braked gun in the same string with non-braked guns, at our matches we're all lumped together and if you don't like it then either move or live with it. They do tend to back away or stay low when I'm using my LR pistol, that 260 in a short barrel does have a bit of blast.
smile.gif

Topstrap

Honestly bro the best functioning muzzle break on the market, it does not look the coolest but it you want something functional, spot for yourself than that is the one to get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suburbanhick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i love the reviews on the Holland's Radial Baffle Muzzle Brake...

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JesseBB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any complaints from adjacent shooters at public ranges? </div></div>

Never had any complaints from other shooters. But never really heard anyone at the range I go to complain about much of anything anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suburbanhick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone ever use the surefire? </div></div>

Yes sir, i have the MB68K on my 6.8 Bison/STS build. I have also used the 7.62 version as well (do not currently own though). These and the newer SOCOM versions are awesome brakes but are geared towards folks attaching a quick detach can to them. Doesn't mean you shouldn't get one though, even if you aren't planning on having a suppressor. My 6.8 recoils less than a 223. Quite nice when running quick drills.

I have a Vais brake on my McMillan in 300 WM and makes the rifle a pleasure to shoot.