• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle break Savage 10BA

Tempest 455

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2012
Middle TN
Anyone have an idea on the torque specs on these? Sounds like I have to remove to shoot at a local match.

Re: Muzzle break Savage 10BA

You will need a thread protector. Plus it is a called a brake.
What brake is on the rifle? You shouldn't have to worry about the torque so much with taking it off. When puting back on tighten until it is lined back up and timed right. The Torque is about 25-30lbs.

Please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to remove without marring the brake?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrawDad338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to remove without marring the brake? </div></div>

A pipe wrench ought to get it off without much issue...

Actually depending on what brake it is depends on how you get it off. If it has small round holes then you can find something the same size as the holes to poke through and turn it off. My VIAS's came with neat little tapered pins for this but I have some screwdrivers with the perfect sized shank to hole fit that work even better.

there's 2 milled slots on the back end of the brake. I forget the wrench size, 3/4 ? and unscrew it. It's how I remove mine, then just snug it good when reinstalling it.