• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Advanced Marksmanship Muzzle breaks and accuracy ?

Re: Muzzle breaks and accuracy ?

Sometimes... But generally if its done right the worst case is just a shift in point of impact, which is quickly fixed by rezeroing your scope.

If its a bad job then yeh maybe accuracy might be screwed but this should be unlikely.

If your worried you could always put a Roedale brake on... if you dont like it, take it off and sell it and your barrel will be the same as before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_AKD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does adding a muzzle break affect the accuracy of a rifle ? </div></div>

Like most things in life; you generally get what you pay for.

Quality machine work, and proven design will not affec your accuracy.

Muzzle breaks almost invariably have a significant negative impact on accuracy. Muzzle brakes are another matter entirely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: headwaters</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Muzzle breaks almost invariably have a significant negative impact on accuracy. Muzzle brakes are another matter entirely. </div></div>

Saw that coming. Nice!

I'm not sure if it qualifies as changing accuracy, but after I put a brake on my 22-250, my previous very accurate load was all over the paper. Took some time to rework the load to get it back to where it was. It didn't change accuracy on my FN A3G tho. And it is nice to be able to stay on the target and see the impact.

A Tubb T2K brake makes rifles more accurite, not only is it an excellent recoil reducer, but since it's adjustable it acts as a tuner

In my tests with my AI rifle, the accuracy is the exact same.

On .308 rifles, I have been wondering as of late however if the extra noise and air blast affect the shooter and anticipation of the shot after a number of shots. I haven't tried that yet but probably will try for the fun of it.

I run a brake by Badger on a 260 and I don't notice any accuracy difference. A small shift in impact but not much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Tubb T2K brake makes rifles more accurite, not only is it an excellent recoil reducer, but since it's adjustable it acts as a tuner</div></div>

verily so...

i have a badger fte on my creedmoor and had no impact shift