• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Muzzle device for hunting with a CZ 527?

C. Stockwell

Private
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2019
I'm considering buying a CZ 527 Suppressor-Ready in 7.62x39. I currently live in a NFA-ban state but expect to move next year to a state where I can hunt with a suppressor without any additional paperwork beyond the NFA stamp and hunting license. The 527 in 7.62x39 comes with a thread protector cap and 5/8x24 threading.

Just wanted to get people's insights as to what would be a good muzzle device for the 527 as a hunting gun in the mean time. What I mean by that is a muzzle device that isn't obnoxiously loud or ear-piercing or that would kick up a ton of debris when firing, e.g. snow, leaves, dirt. With 7.62x39 being pretty mild, I'm not too worried about recoil mitigation, but some would be good. I'm also looking for something that can be installed at home without any gunsmithing.

I'm thinking a flash suppressor, like the SilencerCo ASR or the OSS QD Flash Hider. I own AKs and FALs and an OSS can is very much on my mind for the future. A friend of mine also has a SilencerCo Omega 300 in NFA jail currently.

I'm also interested in a Precision Armament EFAB. I own a M4-72 and that does a great job of recoil mitigation at the cost of "I can feel it in my teeth" concussive blast. My main worry is that an EFAB would unduly increase muzzle blast and noise - does it?

Thanks!