• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Muzzle Device

Snuby642

Two Star General
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Anybody use the m4-72 comp?
    Saw a sled test where it came in second but was 1/2 the length and weight of the winner.
    Only about 5% better.

Last edited:
    Using it on two DMR's. Like it a lot, but be advised you do get hit with a pressure wave.

Was hoping to stay on target enough to see hits?
    Only experience is with standard bird cages, flash hider adapters and cans.

It works amazingly well. I really like it for exactly what you are looking at it for. Ability to self spot hits out past 800 yds or so. I have VG6 Gama and an Epsilon on different rifles. The M4-72 is flatter. There is significant concussion out next to the rifle, and sometimes, depending on shooting positions, I can feel it as well. That said, it is a FAST shooting, flat brake.

I think that is the one I use on my .308. Absolutely awesome for recoil reduction. If you shoot inside any type of enclosed space it will fucking gas you pretty good.

I might be making a mistake with a brake.
    The m4-72 sounds perfect for a brake.
    The recoil on 223 is not bothering me as much as the jump and rise of the barrel.
    I go to an indoor 84 yd range a lot , dead air every time.
    I'm in the middle of selecting a new heavy bullet for this rifle, have mostly used 55gr rounds.
    I have to get it locked down before spending the hour drive to extended range.

Would a more comp less brake device be better?
    It's always fun sitting next to an sbr with a brake.
    My aac can needs rebuilt, and will probably reside on my sbr if I get along with a comp or brake.
    The aac flash hider / adapter kind of sucks without the can.

I finally settled on a DPMS Muzzle Brake Miculek for the 223
    1/3 the price of m4-72, slightly fugly what with the gap in front of the barrel.
    we will see if the performance is there, doubt Jerry would promote a bad product, met him once in Texas seemed like a stand up guy.
    the jamb nut design is ugly but functional and I don't have to buy shim washers.
    for me fugly has become a relitive term based on performance, learning to get over vanity shit on a firearm.

shine dont poke holes better.
    so I guess fugly is as fugly does?