• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Muzzle Threading

Steve**12

Minuteman
Dec 22, 2011
Fargo,ND
I'm looking to get my AR-15 heavy barrel threaded.

I'm wondering if CNC does a better thread job or if it's even a concern.

Also I'm in Fargo and would appreciate any suggestions for local or online/shipping places to get my muzzle threaded and a thread protector made for it.

Re: Muzzle Threading

That's what I was thinking. But who to pm? And I would prefer local if I can find someone.

You could try Gander Mountain I think that is one of the services they provide and maybe try the outdoorsman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knutson24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could try Gander Mountain I think that is one of the services they provide and maybe try the outdoorsman. </div></div>

Please dont follow this advice. Ive seen first hand some of the work that comes out of the gander shop. I wouldnt trust a 50cal can on a 22cal rifle if they threaded it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knutson24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could try Gander Mountain I think that is one of the services they provide and maybe try the outdoorsman. </div></div>

Bad idea....

The one close to me I would not let them clean a gun let alone cut metal from it. Find someone that does or has done it on a regular basis or knows what they are doing.

If there's nobody in your local area that you trust to do it right the first time, shipping a barrel USPS is only about $10. That's cheap compared to replacing a barrel because some turdsmith messed it up.