• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Muzzle threads on Savage 10FCP

Xshot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Evansville, WI
I'm considering a purchase of this rifle, but I haven't seen or found the specs for the threaded muzzle. I would lose interest if it's non-standard. Anyone know what it is?

Re: Muzzle threads on Savage 10FCP

It would up to the smith who turns it for you.

Doesn't come that way from the factory.

i think he must be talking about the new one with the muzzle brake already on it. so far no one has mentioned how thats attached or if its been removed by anyone to expose the threads

I have seen one of the new 10FCP Muzzle Brake models that comes from the factory threaded with Savage's proprietary brake installed, but I have no idea what thread pattern they used.

I am betting 5/8x24 which is pretty standard for .30 rifles, but you would be well-served to e-mail Savage and double-check.

I'm hoping it's 5/8x24 TPI, which would give me a lot of accessory options. Looks like I'll have to call them.

somebody tried in vain to get one off, didnt they? you could always order one without and get it threaded for your choice of pitch

It's on there via a crush washer... not sure of the pitch. I bet the guys at the savage shooters forum would know though and most likely Sharp Shooter Supply would know.