• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Muzzlebrake and Suppressor

Re: Muzzlebreak and Suppressor

Ops Inc is the first that comes to mind. I think AAC is making one too.

Yankee Hill
OPS INC
AAC
Gemtech

They all use QD style systems as well as thread on cans. Im sure there are more. SHARK is working on a QD system as well.

Re: Muzzlebrake and Suppressor

Do they use a brake or flashhider? Are they as effective at suppression as the Surefire?

Where is the best place to pick up a suppressor for the money?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they use a break or flashhider? Are they as effective at suppression as the Surefire? </div></div>

Have you ever shot a Surefire can?

They are not known for their levels of suppression, more or less for their minimal POI shift between shooting with and without the can on.

Surefire also uses a spot welded core. Many will say this is a poor choice and will cause breakage quicker. But, I think they are decent cans, a bit over priced though.

You're asking all the basic questions that can be found with a basic search of the net. If you want good solid info about suppressors. Check out where all the manufacturers post...... silencertalk.com

I thought OPS were all screw on cans, not QD. What caliber are you needing?

Have only shot YHM on .223, so yes i'm not very experienced with suppressors. Have heard the Surefire on a Scar at one of the 3 Gun Nation shoot offs then talked to one of the Surefire guys and of course he said buy theirs. It would be primarily on .308 bolt but would like to switch it between rifles and maybe smaller calibers, therefore the reason for QD and preferably brake. Thought I would just ask here and get opinions. Didn't know about the website silencertalk.com, thanks KYshooter

If you have a silencer there is no need for a brake or a flash hider. The silencer does both.

I use an AAC Cyclone on my AR-308 and my bolt gun. I am not a fan of QD.

Just figured going QD would be best way to change between rifles without wearing out barrel treads and having the muzzlebrake for when I wasn't shooting suppressed. Maybe it would be better to just get a screw on and the Badger FTE brake since I probably won't be switching that often.

What are your opinions on a suppresser on the 5R's 24" barrel, to long of a barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is the best place to pick up a suppressor for the money?
</div></div>
shoot me a PM on what you are looking for. im pretty sure i can beat anyone's prices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just figured going QD would be best way to change between rifles without wearing out barrel treads and having the muzzlebrake for when I wasn't shooting suppressed. Maybe it would be better to just get a screw on and the Badger FTE brake since I probably won't be switching that often.

What are your opinions on a suppresser on the 5R's 24" barrel, to long of a barrel? </div></div>

Get both threaded and a thread protector. Then stick the silencer on the one you are shooting. The threads will be fine. Length is personal preference. I had mine cut to 20 and I wish I had more length.

Thanks Bacarrat!!! Didn't catch that obviously. I must have been thinking about work. Edited what I could.

V-Taper, I bought the cd's but they went to fast so I quit using them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">V-Taper, I bought the cd's but they went to fast so I quit using them. </div></div>

That is funny.

Thanks everyone for they're help. I think I'll be getting a screw on when the time comes, when I save up the money and the wife says it's ok. Will have to decide which brand to get, but I bet with the suggestions on here and everyone's experience I will get the right one. Again thank you! Until next time, Happy Shooting. (Quietly)