• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 1/20th MOA Guarantee from GAP

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Some may remember the original Werewolf, where at SHOT when the rifle was finished Roach provided me with a 1/10th MOA Guarantee in Writing. Now this is not well known that GAP does this, not everyone can be trusted with such awesome accuracy. In the words of Ben Parker, with Great Power comes Great Responsibility.

Well the Original Werewolf has moved on, and I have a new one being built to replace the old one. I got an Text message today from George with the specs on the Runout...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your new Werewolf is ready to chamber. The runout is less than 1/8 of 1/10000th, like .00002". I should guarantee this one to shoot 1/20th MOA</div></div>

And he provided a video which I have uploaded here"
    Runout Gauge Video

Now don't go calling George about getting such a guarantee for yourself, he'll hang up on you and place your name on the don't answer wall. As I said, with great accuracy comes greater responsibility and in my opinion many of you can't be trusted. But in a world of accuracy claims, this beat those poultry .25 MOA guarantees by a fair margin. Being Thanksgiving I say, stick with your poultry specs and enjoy.

Normally I try to keep these details under my hat, people always wonder how I get such great results from rifles that seem to defy logic, well here is my secret, there i have said it, now you know. It's how I hit small targets at 1000 yards with an 18.5" Barrel, it's how my 16" AR10 can hit a 1 MOA target at 800 yards with great consistency as well only need 39MOA to reach 1000 yards... in short, its the secret to my shooting success.

So, while you're stuffing yourself this Thanksgiving, know I will be giving Thanks to the guys at GAP for making me a better shooter.

Re: My 1/20th MOA Guarantee from GAP

Thanks,LL I think George would Not like to hear from us,On that subject anyway, Have a good Thanksgiving

Pfffft. My Savage came with a 1/20th MOA guaruntee... That's so last year.

1/20th MOA---means nothing. All the REAL rifles quantify their accuracy guarantees in MILs...

You lucky man you. Well have fun shooting tiny groups while others are wondering "How the hell does he do that"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pinkMiST aG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You lucky man you. Well have fun shooting tiny groups while others are wondering "How the hell does he do that"</div></div>

Bitch is most of my groups are always .0 because I only shoot one round... anything more is silly, I mean if you hit the target why waste more ammo shooting the same thing.

I for one am not going to baited into ban trap where a rifle's abilities to shoot rediculously small fraction of moa sized groups is being discussed
    laugh.gif

Happy Thanksgiving!!

FUCK!

My plates suck now, dammit.

f6d7e2ca.jpg

Yeah, that's right - I parked there, son.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I for one am not going to baited into ban trap where a rifle's abilities to shoot rediculously small fraction of moa sized groups is being discussed
    laugh.gif

Happy Thanksgiving!! </div></div>

That's funny shit right there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pinkMiST aG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You lucky man you. Well have fun shooting tiny groups while others are wondering "How the hell does he do that"</div></div>

Bitch is most of my groups are always .0 because I only shoot one round... anything more is silly, I mean if you hit the target why waste more ammo shooting the same thing.

</div></div>

Whoa, I thought I was the only one who ever thought like that.

So are you saying that they build your rifle(s) to better tolerances & more accurate standards than they normally do for other people?

If so......that sucks...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

hehehe
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So are you saying that they build your rifle(s) to better tolerances & more accurate standards than they normally do for other people?

If so......that sucks...</div></div>

Jesus Guys, Frank is Joking. They are all built the same. This specific Bartlein Barrel is scary straight. They are guaranteed 3/8" at 100 yards, (.375") They will shoot better than that if your ammo and your skill are up to it.

Keep in mind Frank has Special Leprechan power that allows him to shoot smaller groups then everyone else.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

i was waiting for people to take this out of context, wow. guys can't take a simple joke

Wait a minute, so this means people believe my Savage came with a 1/20th moa guarantee too?

Helloooooooooo for sale section!

and here i was watin' for pictures of a 1/2", 1000 yard group...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait a minute, so this means people believe my Savage came with a 1/20th moa guarantee too?

Helloooooooooo for sale section! </div></div>

Dibs!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pinkMiST aG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You lucky man you. Well have fun shooting tiny groups while others are wondering "How the hell does he do that"</div></div>

</div></div>

Wow I never thought of that. Good point. (Can I ask if you don't shoot groups how do you know it shoots .0 just to confirm that GAP wouldn't lie to you?) lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So are you saying that they build your rifle(s) to better tolerances & more accurate standards than they normally do for other people?

Jesus Guys, Frank is Joking. They are all built the same. This specific Bartlein Barrel is scary straight. They are guaranteed 3/8" at 100 yards, (.375") They will shoot better than that if your ammo and your skill are up to it.

Keep in mind Frank has Special Leprechan power that allows him to shoot smaller groups then everyone else.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. </div></div>

Bummer!!!!!!!!!!!! And I was getting excited that my build you are working on was going to turn out the same. Damn it, now I'm not looking forward for next year this time to come around.
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait a minute, so this means people believe my Savage came with a 1/20th moa guarantee too?

Hahahaha! That cracked me up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Keep in mind Frank has <span style="font-weight: bold">Special Leprechaun</span> power that allows him to shoot smaller groups then everyone else.

</div></div>

My Lucky Stars "Special Leprechaun Power". Does that mean if you catch him you are granted three wishes???????
    smile.gif

And a Happy Turkey Day to you Sir

Ok I want to see your .5" group at 1000yards. Because your weapon is garrenteeeeeeed to do it
    wink.gif

Lets see the pics.

I see no werewolf on their site. This must be a mythical rifle. Who here believes in myths??

I think lowlight has had some Holiday cold ones? I would of kept that to myself.

Man talk about selling Ice to Eskimos, you guys are too literal.
    smile.gif

Have a great Holiday All, and enjoy the Cheer !

<span style="font-style: italic">ps., I have a 1/15th guarantee Savage here from GAP, barrel nut removed, chambered in 6mmBR, it's crazy special, with stuff done to it never before seen. The bidding can start at $5k with 2 cases of factory Lapua loads. </span>

1/20th MOA in a machine rest?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man talk about selling Ice to Eskimos, you guys are too literal.
    smile.gif

Have a great Holiday All, and enjoy the Cheer !

<span style="font-style: italic">ps., I have a 1/15th guarantee Savage here from GAP, barrel nut removed, chambered in 6mmBR, it's crazy special, with stuff done to it never before seen. The bidding can start at $5k with 2 cases of factory Lapua loads. </span>
    </div></div>

This isn't the for sale section!!!! No selling in here sir!!

laugh.gif

I am enjoying the old Werewolf. Its still shooting lights out for how many rounds are on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So are you saying that they build your rifle(s) to better tolerances & more accurate standards than they normally do for other people?

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. </div></div>
    Hahaha Special lep. powers..............He claimed you can shoot cause you're short.....wait.....maybe thats why my groups suck!? FML

This is what I miss about the military. Hearing one guys stuff is that better than yours knowing you got the same stuff he does! I sure life would be alittle more fun on GAPS cherry list! They should do like Weatherby and sell the cherrys under a Gap 1/20000000 sub Moa listing and charge $$$$$$$$$$$. But I just dont' remember ever seeing a group like that on paper? Can it be done for 5 shots and held at distance?

what's funny is reading it from the very top and just waiting for someone to take it seriously - it didn't take too long for that to happen to have to get George to chime in to tell everyone that he doesn't make "special" rifles for some people. It wouldn't matter to me anyways...I couldn't take advantage of it
    eek.gif

no.....Savages come with 1/15 or 1/18 MOA.....or other obscure fractions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bubb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think lowlight has had some Holiday cold ones? I would of kept that to myself. </div></div>

I am betting egg nog.......

He mixed the SpinD with the egg nog....

1/20 MOA, no problem, but will it feed live rounds as well as the Where-is-the-wolf did?
    laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Bitch is most of my groups are always .0 because I only shoot one round... anything more is silly, I mean if you hit the target why waste more ammo shooting the same thing.

</div></div>

I don't believe in 1 shot groups, proves nothing. I always shoot 5 shot groups and they ALL are .0 MOA. Thats right, when I am done, I have 5 shots on paper and they all measure .0 MOA. (Now, if I can only get all five .0MOA holes to be anywhere near each other, I might be on to something)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guntard007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Bitch is most of my groups are always .0 because I only shoot one round... anything more is silly, I mean if you hit the target why waste more ammo shooting the same thing.

</div></div>

I don't believe in 1 shot groups, proves nothing. I always shoot 5 shot groups and they ALL are .0 MOA. Thats right, when I am done, I have 5 shots on paper and they all measure .0 MOA. (Now, if I can only get all five .0MOA holes to be anywhere near each other, I might be on to something) </div></div>

bahahahaha!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guntard007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Bitch is most of my groups are always .0 because I only shoot one round... anything more is silly, I mean if you hit the target why waste more ammo shooting the same thing.

</div></div>

I don't believe in 1 shot groups, proves nothing. I always shoot 5 shot groups and they ALL are .0 MOA. Thats right, when I am done, I have 5 shots on paper and they all measure .0 MOA. (Now, if I can only get all five .0MOA holes to be anywhere near each other, I might be on to something)</div></div>

LMAO.. too funny.. I have the same issue..

It is easy to get that little run-out when you make the barrel out of unobtainium.