• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

codyb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2004
vegas
Finally had enough points to pull down a tag this year. All my pics are kinda crappy phone pics, but it's all I can do to remember those most times.

Here was a few days out scouting

phonepics539.jpg

When I shot him he was on a the side of a steep hill. One through the front shoulders from the 338 dropped him where he stood. He then slid down the hill and got caught up in a tree.

phonepics541.jpg

Packed out three quarters before dark. Dad and I had to go back with a chainsaw the next morning to cut the tree and get the rest, you forget how big and majestic they are until the real work begins.

phonepics544.jpg

Both of his swords were broken off as well as his left rear n he was still the best bull I have ever taken.

Re: My 2010 elk

Ruger M77 in 338win mag.

Had the Lapua with me as well(set up to go longer if I needed), but I was able to get within 109 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Packing the animal out is a job of itself.</div></div>

No doubt I only ended up having to pack him about a 150 yds and after three quarters the first night I was beat.

The tag was for southern Utah the area is referenced as the Paunsagaunt.

Definitely know for its mulies saw a few nice ones while we were there.

? Drive was about 3 1/2 hours from me.

or if you ment how long was I hunting 4 days.