• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 300BLK eventual SBR build

1slow01z71

Side of the barn hitter
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2012
Austin, TX
I started out with seekins billet receivers, with the upper being the iRMT-r for a 15" MCSR rail to hang off of. For now itll sport a 16" noveske barrel but that will be replaced later.

The rest of the build is fairly standard:
BADASS safety
Giessele SSA-E
PSA LPK minus FCG
WMB NicB BCG
Raptor ambi CH
Magpul UBR in FDE
Magpul MOE+ grip in FDE
YHM QD flash hider for my can
Aero Precision 30mm lightweight scope mount

Once my SBR stamp gets approved the 16" barrel will get replaced with an 8.2" noveske barrel. That's another reason I went with the MCSR rail so that the can will fit inside the handguard. Once its all said and done with the short barrel the can should make for a 17ish inch "barrel" basically with 2" sticking out the end of the handguard.

Maiden voyage along with my new Noveske build which shot well too. Can you tell I like Vortex optics? :)

Right at an inch 4 shot group with some Hornady 125gr SSTs. I think it can do even better with a little more load tweaking and me being more careful shooting. I was running out of time and wanted to get through all my load development so I can tweak in the final loads the next time. 110 vmaxs, 125 SSTs, 125 noslers, 147gr M80 pulls, 208 amax subs, 220 smks, all functioned perfect with and without the can. I believe my vmax load will end up around 20.2gr of H110, and the 125 SST hunting rounds around 18gr. It seems like the heavier pills like to be pushed harder so Im going to load up some hotter rounds and see what they do. Overall Im very happy with the way it shot.

Need to figure out what the ejection issue is on a few rounds. Not sure what rounds they were as I didn't notice it til I was packing things up. I put about 100 rounds through it both subs and supers that were suppressed and unsuppressed so it coulda been any of them. But Im purely guessing it was the unsuppressed 208gr amax subs as those are the only ones I shot just a few of and it doesn't look like too many hit the ejection port. All the rest hit the shell deflector perfect at the end.

After initial load development I tore it down and sent it off to a local cerakoter
20131026_175633_zps95e32e7f.jpg

Then I got it together in its final configurationish. The toy fund is tapped out til next paycheck when Ill order a UBR in FDE to finish it off. With the can hanging off the end its definitely front heavy so the heavy stock helps a lot with the balance. Overall Im very happy with the way it turned out. The cerakote color matches the magpul FDE pretty dang close. Its a PITA getting it together without scratching it but I got it done and was a chance to deep clean the rifle as its seen a lot of suppressed rounds since Ive built it and you could tell by how dirty all the components were. Hope to take some hogs and a deer or two this weekend with it.

Jim as usual did a great job and was super easy to work with. He didn't miss any angles on this IMO very faceted upper and lower combo. The color is consistent throughout and as I said matches pretty darn close. When I get my glock 21 I will be getting him to coat the slide FDE as well for me.

Now the wait begins for my form 1 to come back so I can throw the 8" barrel on, which it looks like I may be lucky if I get before next deer season. Its going to be hard to just forget about it but until then this thing ought to keep me happy. Im loading up what I believe will be my final loads for load development and should be good to go for putting meat on the ground this week.

Nice. I have yet to pop a deer with my 7" blk that thought I was under gunned. Love it.

Very nice build combo!! I am building a 5.56 which I should have all the parts for and ceracoted next week. After that will be an 8" blackout. Both with noveske barrels.

Why don't you keep the Noveske and have it cut down for your SBR? It already has the pistol length gas system.
Because the barrel is my dads. He bought it back when all the crazyness was going on and ended up finding a SW in 300blk and bought it. So I'm borrowing the barrel until my stamp comes in then I'll build him a nice gun and he is going to sell his SW.
Very nice build combo!! I am building a 5.56 which I should have all the parts for and ceracoted next week. After that will be an 8" blackout. Both with noveske barrels.
Im definitely happy with how the cerakote turnwd out and the barrel is a shooter, especialky given this calibers reputation for not being all that accurate.

20131027_155614_zps4c87a1a6.jpg

20131027_155724_zpsd4d83c0c.jpg

20131027_155753_zps11919cfa.jpg

That is why I am going with noveske barrels. Your FDE looked good but I am going with burnt bronze. My 5.56 barrel has a switch block so I limmitted myself to a 9" handguard since I don't like the bottom extended or notched ones. I will start a thread once I finish it.

And its now complete until my stamp comes in for the 8" barrel

Added a TLR-1 HL 630 lumen light to it. Itll end up on my 14.5 223 gun eventually once I pony up the money for a surefire 500 lumen light but for now this ought to work well. Going to test it out on some hogs at my buddy's place this weekend hopefully. The gun still balances decent with the UBR but once the can is moved in 8" it ought to be perfect.

Only thing I may do is swap to a SS 1-6 scope for a more useable reticle on low power.

Wow, that is more than a ” standard” build to me! I want a Noveske barrel also ad I have learned that others ard good with subs or with hi--velocity ammo , but not both

Well I couldn't find an 8.2" Noveske for the last few months that Ive been looking but found a 9" AAC so I snatched it up. Thanks to the ATF implementing the eform system my form 1 came back in a little over 90 days so much to my surprise I will get to take it out to the woods before deer season is over with in SBR form.
Its crazy how short this thing is now

Completed with the 16" noveske barrel under it for a little perspective

Cant wait to get it out to the range and get some load development done and put some meat on the ground. Only thing left to do is swap the vortex for a SWFA SS 1-6HD.

Nice looking build. Im putting a 300BLK pistol together while waiting for wife and ATF SBR approval. Some parts are bargain parts to get by until I can afford better/more appropriate for SBR over pistol, but some, like barrel and BCG, are best I can find even if it means waiting.

Any reason you chose Noveske and in the end AAC barrels? Ive been considering a Wilson Combat barrel, available and more readily affordable, and from a reputable company. But, if anyone has knowledge that they arent that good, or Noveske or AAC or any other manufacturer are just simply that much better and therefore worth the additional cost, Id love to know before I fet the funds for the Wilson barrel, or is it a matter of preference in the end?

Look up tier one arms for noveske stuff. I've got some lowers and a couple uppers from him. Good dude to deal with. I'll pick up a couple sbr lowers in the next week after they are engraved. I've got 2 noveske sbr uppers waiting. 1 556 and 1 300 black. Although I am kicking around getting rid of the 300 blk. I guess great minds think alike;)

Good god, those Noveske 8.2" barrels are hard to get a hold of. I've missed 3 of them and they have all been gone in under a minute. I don't really feel like paying some guy almost 500$ on gunbroker either.

Has anyone used the Ranier Arms 8.5" barrel? How's the 9" AAC barrel working out?

I just got my stamp and am running the noveske 8.2. I must say I'm very impressed. It seems to like the 110 bullets best. Factory Barns black 1/2 MOA.
Sorry you have had a hard time finding yours.

I just got my stamp and am running the noveske 8.2. I must say I'm very impressed. It seems to like the 110 bullets best. Factory Barns black 1/2 MOA.
Sorry you have had a hard time finding yours.

Hey no problem, glad to hear it is working out well for you. Where'd you manage to pick yours up?

It sounds like I did much like you and put my name on every notify me list out there. I got lucky one day and was first on it. I'm sure the AAC will serve you well. It's an amazing round to work with. I have just started loading Noslers new 110 varmageddon with great success as well.

It sounds like I did much like you and put my name on every notify me list out there. I got lucky one day and was first on it. I'm sure the AAC will serve you well. It's an amazing round to work with. I have just started loading Noslers new 110 varmageddon with great success as well.

Ha! I nabbed one. Hope it shoots as well as yours!