• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My 308 SPSS is SICK!!

JGorski

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Central Wis.
Had to go to the range to test a new load and after that didnt work I tried the old standby 168AMAX, 42grs RE15, Lapua brass, CCIBR primers, 2.820", and this is the sickness I get.
IMG_0446.jpg

Re: My 308 SPSS is SICK!!

fisrt i thought: for hundred yards thats not good enough, then i saw that it was at 300 yards
laugh.gif

the rifle seems to be doing fine

Course when I show the guys at work it was in high wind and OMG the mirage, hehehehe

Nice! I've discovered Reloader 15 too! It has become my go-to powder. I run 41gr. In Lake City Match Brass and leave mine at an even 2.800. My chamber is an Obermyer Chamber so it's a bit tight. I can barely even feel the brass when I full length re-size it. On a really good day my rifle will knock out Quarters at 300yds.

I have this mental defect... When I try to shoot 5-shot groups at 300+yds #3 is always a flyer! I'm just a retard!

Unlike your Obermeyer chamber this is pure factory cept for the H-S Precision stock, oh and the Jewell bottom safety trigger. I NS my Lapua brass to get about .003 neck tension so a .334 bushing is in order. Isnt that something with those damn flyers, we all get them. You should see the one I got at this same distance with 105Hybrids in my 6mmREM, the other 4 shots went 1". Here's a view of my 308.
IMG_0025-1.jpg

I just noticed the pic I posted is actual size, exactly.(target pic)

How long did it take you to work p that load, or was it just a lucky guess?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stalski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long did it take you to work up that load, or was it just a lucky guess? </div></div>
Well, I was using 44grs RE15 with Win brass and wasnt getting consistent accuracy, then I dropped the load to 43grs and enjoyed tighter groups, I then switched to Lapua brass and since lapua doesnt hold as much powder I dropped it again to 42grs and seated the bullets deeper to 2.820" oal. So Ive been working on this load since spring I guess. Though the first loads with the 168AMAX was spring of '11.