My 452 Varmint changes

rdl65

Sergeant
Full Member
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2009
152
1
56
TN
I been tinkering with my 452 Varmint and made some changes that I hope will improve accuracy. I shot it the other day without the barrel screw and it seemed to improve accuracy and make it group more consistently.

I figured that if I install a pillar and bed the action it might help just a bit more. The pillar is a threaded lamp rod threaded into the existing hole for the action screw. I coated it with Gorilla Glue and threaded it into the stock. I then roughed up the area I wanted to bed and drilled a few holes to accept the bedding.

DSCN0948_631.jpg

DSCN0951_634.jpg



And here are a couple of pics after the bedding had cured a bit and I had cleaned up the excess bedding. The action has an exact fit and is tight when you put it in the stock. The pillar should make for a more consistent torquing of the action screw. I hope it helps some and I'll give a range report when I get to shoot it some.

DSCN0958_641.jpg

DSCN0959_642.jpg