• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 6.5 SG and DBM?

shotwell

Private
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2006
Iowa
About 10 years ago I must of had alot of time on my hands. I came up with the 6.5 SG. It is a 22-250 necked up and blown out to 40 degrees. The case body is the same as the 22-250AI. Dies are modified Wilson 22-250AI dies.
My rifle is a 700 SA set in a HS Tactical stock. IT's my old 1000yd br gun, which I intend to varmint hunt with. I would like to add a DBM.
The question is what magazine should I order? The case OAL is about the same as a .308. My concern is the case body.
I would be willing to send somebody a couple of case to try. I know it will not fit your chamber still should give me an idea on how it will work. I can provide more spec on the case.
FYI it really shoots, but it's to much of pain in the ass to form. DON'T DO IT! As much fun as it is I would go with 6.5x47, Creedmore, or 260. The SG stands for Shotwell(me)/Gritters( Gordy Gritters my gunsmith).
Thanks for the help