• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MY 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IS READY FOR HER FIRST HUNT - A SQUIRREL

Satsoul

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2021
USA
I started shooting with my little girl when she was 4. I have her help me get ready for hunting season and tell her lots of exciting stories when I get back. I print out pictures of animals and pay her a nickel every time she makes a good vital shot. When I kill an animal I have her help me process the meat. She helped me for hours on the last deer I got. Finally, she came to me about a month ago and said "daddy I think I'm ready to hunt my first squirrel" I'm currently trying to find a place that I can get permission to do some pest elimination or wait for Grey squirrel season. The problem with that is it's right in the middle of deer season so that is not good. Hopefully, I shoot a deer opening day and can just take her up for some Greys.

I salute everyone for teaching their children these things. God bless

Good on you for raising her right. Now you need to do whatever it takes to follow through, including cancelling your deer hunt if that's what it takes. She'll only be young once. Grown and gone before you know it.
^This.
The deer you’re after this year will be even bigger next year.

Good on you for raising her right. Now you need to do whatever it takes to follow through, including cancelling your deer hunt if that's what it takes. She'll only be young once. Grown and gone before you know it.
Already thinking about that, she deserves everything beautiful, she's my world. Thank you.

Outstanding I've taken several kids hunting over the years and I'm not sure I get more excited than them. The boy 13 has got several animals now an has challenged his sister 11 to see who gets biggest buck this year. She been getting trained up with suppressed ruger ranch in 300bo. This be her 1st season kids love to shoot anything suppressed around here

Reactions: Satsoul
Nasselle Washington has more squirrels tha you can shake a stick at! Go up there and you could even meet the squirrel whisperer!

Reactions: Satsoul
Good luck to you and your daughter, satsoul. My boy got his first squirrel at 8 and we skinned it and had it for lunch. Shot it with a H&R in 410.
Sounds good, I got my daughter a Rossi Youth model in 410 for the squirrel hunt, she's excited about it.

Reactions: mtrmn