• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My bench as it were

WCW308

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2008
Central Idaho
Move it from the unheated shed to dining room in winter-cold in New England...
url]

Re: My bench as it were

Wife -approval that is key. Think when I got her the Rem 1100 20 ga, that did the trick..ha ha. I am lucky...The table has an extension which I removed, and made a replacement piece that slides in to the existing slots on the skirt...I do have to clean up for guests.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WCW308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do have to clean up for guests. </div></div>

Clean up? Feed em dinner then put them to work, guests are great for doing brass prep and hand priming.

they are always interested in the process until you show the the stuff involved, and the 400 pcs. of brass....maybe more appetizers will do the trick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WCW308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe more appetizers will do the trick.</div></div>

I'm thinking more cocktails....

I hear some guys in KY use Maker's Mark to clean their barrels.
I sometimes stir a jigger into a pound of Varget for a little extra zip.
When I first saw that picture I thought you had snuck in and stole a pic of my bench!

Been there, done that, right there with you. In the late 90s I moved into a 150 year old log cabin while I was building a new house on the same property. The place was so small you could see your backside coming around into the next room. I rigged a "portable" reloading setup using a heavy field shooting bench that I could set up and break down, worked pretty well.

Maker's Mark, good stuff, but real shooters drink Bulleit (yep) Bourbon. Always in moderation, after cartridges are finished, children are abed, and whatever other nanny-state disclaimers you want to tack on.

Keep it up and keep warm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nightowl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would feel right at home here I think a orginized work bench is a sign of a sick mind LOL </div></div>

I have to agree 100% with Nightowl on this one.

My bench has gotten bigger over the years so I could be more organized and now looks just like a bigger version of yours! Some say organization is overated; I wouldn't know.

Mike in Abq

yes, kind of messy....I did get a big tray from my shed to corral the little pieces in. helps. My real bench is neater but no shelves in the dining room....the MM was only for effect, honest...maybe that is the original Kentucky windage...
smile.gif